Need 92 OEM stereo/equalizer

Ok anyone out there know where I can find an OEM stereo for my 92 with the premium sound with the equalizer. Mine is going bad and I want to keep it stock because the sound is fine by me and the car is a convertible and I dont want to give anyone a reason to break into it just to steal an after market stereo. Anyone with one of these still laying around in good shape and willing to part with it, contact me. I will check the forum for feedback. Also if anyone knows where I could get the one I have repaired, that is another route I would go.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also on the lookout for a stock 88 tape deck. I just don't care about audio anymore in the Mustang. Most of the time the radio is off, so i'd rather have the stock clean look even if it never gets turned on.

word. i am going to get a tape deck and put my head unit in the glove box before the end of summer. i want to route the tape deck to the head unit so that i can use the stock deck for radio and cassette (a novelty) and still have my head unit control and power my system. the head unit has AUX inputs and I figure i could use the amp pre-outs on the tape deck to feed the signal. my buddy did a similar set up in his 56 chevy.

ya know, i wouldnt mind having a stock tape deck eather. i have an ipod with the thing that plugs into the cig lighter and broadcasts to an fm chan. i can use that.
hell, i dont even own a tape to play on it.
I do have the factory amp with the harnesses still on it, if your interested.

I'm also on the lookout for a stock 88 tape deck. I just don't care about audio anymore in the Mustang. Most of the time the radio is off, so i'd rather have the stock clean look even if it never gets turned on.

Is the stock one the same as an 88 F150? I just scored a good running truck for cheap, and it still has the stock cassette player.

Here's a pic of the one in my F150.

100_0334.jpg

1992 radio w/eq

I still need the radio/eq combo. The one in the pic is the same as the NON premium sound option and the wiring harness plugs are different. Mine is the 1992 (a one year only option) AM/FM cassette with the Graphic Equalizer option slaved under the radio.

Are you still looking for the radio combo? Im not sure if the "good" one I have is the one you need. I dont think it is though, the one in my son 92 was different from this one. This one has one pig tail coming form the EQ and the radio part has direct plug ins. HOWEVER I DO have my sons old one from his bimini blue 92 with the stock EQ that worked fine except the face plate was broke at the shop when he had his heater core replaced and the EQ button if force held in the on position with tape. This was like this when I bought his car. Let me know if this might be what you need. I clened out alot of my fox stuff since I am down to only one stock 89 LX 5.0 that I am keeping stock, and neither one of these radios is stock for it.

Technically it is. That radio was stock for 87-92 Mustangs with the Premium EQ option

Actually that is not quite the same, I pulled my Stock Tape Player and EQ out of my 92 last Summer, there are no Bass and Treble adjustments on the radio itself like the one pictured as those are done on the factory EQ.

Actually that is not quite the same, I pulled my Stock Tape Player and EQ out of my 92 last Summer, there are no Bass and Treble adjustments on the radio itself like the one pictured as those are done on the factory EQ.

Well yes, that's more of a function of the radio with the equalizer than a year difference.

The non-eq radios have the adjustments on the face, and the equalizer premium radios do not. But both radios came in 1987-1992 so depending on the radio ordered, either could be stock.