Need A Tuner

David Craft

Aug 25, 2013
I have just gotten my restomod rolling. I need to buy a tuner already programmed for the 1995 EFI in the car. I made numerous upgrades to the engine while rebuilding. Would like a tuner with those programmed in, before it goes to dyno.

Suggestions very much appreciated! Thanks, David

• Sponsors (?)

You're not going to find a "tuner" for the '95 as you'll see for '96 and later (OBD-II) computers. The dyno tuner you use will likely want to install their own piggy-back chip -- whatever variety they prefer (usually SCT). If you're looking for the stock calibration / bin, they should be able to read that from your computer as the starting point. Otherwise you'll find a whole lot of stock ones here: http://www.eecanalyzer.net/index.php/strategies-calibrations

As cam says if you want to DIY, Moates Quarterhorse or Tweecer are the most common options. However you'd want to double check with your dyno-tuner if they'll work with that hardware (some will only use their preferred brand).

If they use SCT you could get a chip from American Muscle and have them write a tune to it, programmed with your mods as well. That would get you up & running to get to the dyno, heck it might even be all you need if your mods are fairly mild.