Need advice about a car I am going to look at

The Shape

Founding Member
Jan 11, 2002
East ARKANSAS Delta
As always the first thing I looked at in my local paper was the classified adds. There is a 1966 coupe in there listed for $500.00. This is a small town , and even though I didn't know the people selling it I called around and found few friends that did. Apparently the people are well known meth users, so this could be a half decent car and they are just looking for quick cash. I did a drive by their house, but since it was dark and raining I didn't stop tonight. I plan on going there tommorow afternoon after work. Here is where I need help, I am pretty good with foxes but know next to nothing about the classics. All I could tell from my drive by was that it is primered with some tacky looking rims. The add doesn't say if it is an inline six or a V8 or if it even has an engine (at that price who cares). I will have to wait till tommorow to see that. What I need to know is are there any specific things on those cars to look out for? I know on foxes the first thing I check are the torque boxes. Most iumportant question if he look slike he REALLY REALLY needs a hit should I offer even less? :D

• Sponsors (?)

Take friends, take water, and take your time. The friends are obvious at least you have someone to watch your back the water is to check the cowl “ well known for rust in the early stangs” just pore it down the cowl and see if any of it ends up on in the interior. If the cowl is rusted this is bad / difficult to fix and very costly if you have someone do it for you. It can be done but should weight heavy on the decision to buy. Rusted floor for me was not a deal breaker because they are easy to fix and very common mostly from a leak in the cowl but can be from wet feet soaking the carpet witch will stay wet for a very long time. Frame rails are something to look at while they can be replaced this to can take some time and cost money. Take lots of picture and post them and we will help you apply a price to the repairs. If it is a 6 car and you wont a V8 general consensus is to by an 8 instead but the swap can and has been done but there are a lot of parts that will have to be swapped.

You might get it for $50.00 but might wind up costing you much more than that. They find out where you live, come back, steal the car, rob your house and if anybody is in it maybe kill them. Doesn't sound like such a good deal anymore does it. Don't you have a little brother that you can give $20.00 to and let him go buy it?:D

You could prob get the price lower if you try and pay them with Sudafed. :shrug: Just make sure you bring them a fire extinguisher so they can put out their kitchen after they blow it up making the meth.

Watch out for used rigs in strange places in the car (under floor mats, stuffed in the folds of the seat, etc.), you don't want to get pricked. If they are taking the time to put an ad in the paper and sell the car as opposed to stealing the money or whoring, then you probably don't have much to worry about so long as it has a clear title. They'll probably try to sell you some other junk too though.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: LOL Guys you are killing me . These are not drug kingpins by any means. These are backwoods meth users. They probably weigh 90 pounds and have three teeth left. If he tries to attack me I'll just point over his shoulder and say " your sister sure is hot" While he is looking back and agreeing with me I can make my get away. :D Of course if I am never heard from on here again..............

The Shape said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: LOL Guys you are killing me . These are not drug kingpins by any means. These are backwoods meth users. They probably weigh 90 pounds and have three teeth left. If he tries to attack me I'll just point over his shoulder and say " your sister sure is hot" While he is looking back and agreeing with me I can make my get away. :D Of course if I am never heard from on here again..............

:lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol:

The Shape said:

Be careful you may offend him.....that may be his sister/wife if they are truly backwoods!!! :rlaugh: