Roush need background info on this car

SSS281

Founding Member
Dec 27, 2001
Kutztown, PA
theres a guy on svtperformance claiming it is his car and it is a 97 mystichrome GT with a mach1 motor. i know i saw it on eBay years back and he is using the same pictures (below) in his sig as it is now.
DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

SSS281 said:
theres a guy on svtperformance claiming it is his car and it is a 97 mystichrome GT with a mach1 motor. i know i saw it on eBay years back and he is using the same pictures (below) in his sig as it is now.

I'll call BS for you......I do remember that car on ebay as well. MysticChrome wasn't even a color back then to my knowlege and the special paint from Ford was only offered on Cobra's not GT's. That is the BASF extreme paint from Saleen and that car (if I remember correctly) had a vortech S-Trim installed to the 2v 4.6 engine. Give Mark a call at PAS and he would be able to confirm that for you........ If he's selling it, its a scam. If he's just claiming its his, no need to argue with him as it will be a waste of your time. He'll say its his until he's blue in the face which I'm 99% sure is BS....

rainbow

no way thats stock saleen paint, they couldnt paint like that if you paid them to, my bro has 03 291(saleen cobra w/extreame rainbow)and it looks nothing like that, on the postive side some one did a nice job paint it, but im sure it not a saleen car, if you want an auth saleen u def dont want one with a choped up motor, but on the bright side at least hes got good taste in seats and paint!

S351R"Animal" said:
That is the paint on the car. If I remember correctly it was owned by a NFL player who lived in Florida. It is a real Saleen also. It was on ebay awhile back.

Scott is correct. Tha car was owned by a professional sports figure. I will not give out his name. Those pics are when he owned it. He sold it but not on Ebay. It is a real Saleen. I have multiple detailed pictures. If it is for sale again, I'm sure the guy would have new pics.

marcus95 said:
Scott is correct. Tha car was owned by a professional sports figure. I will not give out his name. Those pics are when he owned it. He sold it but not on Ebay. It is a real Saleen. I have multiple detailed pictures. If it is for sale again, I'm sure the guy would have new pics.

Former Tamba Bay Rays player. I e maile the owner when it was last on e bay no less than 4 times. Not one response. Bummer.

Dan

S351R"Animal" said:
That is the paint on the car. If I remember correctly it was owned by a NFL player who lived in Florida. It is a real Saleen also. It was on ebay awhile back.
i see you found your way over to the thread...anyone else who wants to read up on it can see it here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249841 just a warning your going to have to sift through multiple pages of garbage posted by a character called 'endless' who is ranting like a 5 year old

C.Saleen said:
no way thats stock saleen paint, they couldnt paint like that if you paid them to, my bro has 03 291(saleen cobra w/extreame rainbow)and it looks nothing like that, on the postive side some one did a nice job paint it, but im sure it not a saleen car, if you want an auth saleen u def dont want one with a choped up motor, but on the bright side at least hes got good taste in seats and paint!
im no expert on the subject but maybe it was an earlier version of the extreme paint. i have many pictures of all the extreme colored cars that ive seen and they all look very different depending on one major factor...light.

The Saleen that is pictured above from ebay is a '97 S281 with an added Vortech IIRC. Also, IIRC it traded hands north of $35k, it has been a while so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Total production for Saleens with the "Extreme" paint is only about a dozen cars. I think with a little effort we could produce pictures of all of them.

SSS281 said:
im no expert on the subject but maybe it was an earlier version of the extreme paint. i have many pictures of all the extreme colored cars that ive seen and they all look very different depending on one major factor...light.

Light angles make all the differance in the world with the paint.

At Winterfest in 2004 we had 2 of them on the cruise. The '95 BASF "prototype" extreme, and the '97 Cobra extreme.

'95
DSC03834_small.gif

'97
DSC03817_small.gif
DSC03816_small.gif

'99
Knotts04%20043_small.jpg

'00
DSC04773_small.jpg
DSC04779_small.jpg

'01
01-624%20BASF%20110%202.jpg
01-624%20BASF%20110%205.jpg

01saleenkid said:
Not really part of anything, but wonder why the pics were taken at different houses in the first 2 pics?? :shrug: That is a nice looking car too.

One was taken looking "up" the driveway at the sellers house, the other "down" the driveway looking at the house across the street.

SSS281 said:
i see you found your way over to the thread...anyone else who wants to read up on it can see it here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249841 just a warning your going to have to sift through multiple pages of garbage posted by a character called 'endless' who is ranting like a 5 year old

Wow, that thread is painful..................

I must be really bored, I read the whole thing.

Yeah, I can't believe I actually read as much of it as I did. I am soooooooooooooooooo glad we don't have people on this forum who create posts like that.....what a friggin' waste.

Perhaps the Saleen owner is just a few levels more sophisticated than the average SVT owner? :D :nice:

Saleen should change the motto to say:
"Power in the hand of a few .....because anything less would be uncivilized."
(Who was it that used to do those deodorant commercials, Howie Long?)

Saleen Mike said:
The Saleen that is pictured above from ebay is a '97 S281 with an added Vortech IIRC. Also, IIRC it traded hands north of $35k, it has been a while so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Total production for Saleens with the "Extreme" paint is only about a dozen cars. I think with a little effort we could produce pictures of all of them.

Light angles make all the differance in the world with the paint.

At Winterfest in 2004 we had 2 of them on the cruise. The '95 BASF "prototype" extreme, and the '97 Cobra extreme.

I added the 97 S281 from above and found the 97 Widebody SR that makes 7 Saleens with the "Extreme" Paint.....can anyone else think of any more that we missed???

'95
DSC03834_small.gif

'97
97_mustang_saleen.jpg

DSC03817_small.gif
DSC03816_small.gif

DSCN0152.jpg

'99
Knotts04%20043_small.jpg

'00
DSC04773_small.jpg
DSC04779_small.jpg

'01
01-624%20BASF%20110%202.jpg
01-624%20BASF%20110%205.jpg

s351rspeedster said:
I added the 97 S281 from above and found the 97 Widebody SR that makes 7 Saleens with the "Extreme" Paint.....can anyone else think of any more that we missed???

C. Saleen mentions that his brother owns the '03 Cobra Extreme in a post above. Not sure if he is the seller of the ebay car (and it did not sell) or if he picked it up from ebay.

That would be another one.

I'm feeling a bit lazy to check the registry to see the exact count on "Extreme Paint" cars.

C.Saleen said:

Are you sure that your "bro" has the BASF Extreme paint from Saleen or is it the mystichrome paint from Ford?? Those colors look very different but similar.....
The saleen paint quality on there own custom colors is actually very good, not look the standard saleen "quality" issues alot of people experience....
That car is legit but the person who claims to own it that did all that supposed modifications if full of *hit from the svtboard.......