Fuel Need Guidance on no FP reg reading

On the relay you wired in and if it is like a Bosch relay then the wiring would go as follows:

30 would have 12V+ from the battery or 37 (yelllow) on the factory relay
87 would go to the fuel pump 12V+ or 787 Pink / Black on the factory relay
85 would be the 12V- trigger from the EEC or 97 tan / light green
86 would be the 12V+ from the inertia switch or 361 red

If the fuel pump is not running in crank but it primes then I would think the EEC has an issue. The EEC power relay provides power to the EEC via PIN 37 and the inertia switch. The 20A fusible link provides the power to the EEC relay and also down to the EEC for the keep alive memory.

1698178303899.gif

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Awesome. I rigged up a wire from pin# 22 to relay 86 and have pink/blk on relay 85. I now have voltage at pump when cranking. Only 11 volts on a fresh battery. 11.8 during prime. I am very happy. Looks like relay is right. I guess I need to run a 16ga wire from tan wire at fp relay to my relay.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, the car is idling :). It idles a tad rough but alot has been fixed. I timed at 12 degrees and have a TF stage 1 cam. My tps voltage is .930 at idle and about 900 rpm's (auto) installed Thank you again for all the help! and my FP is now 39 at idle with hose off :)

• ItsAliens
Reactions: 2 users
Found another issue, in the short period of idle time (no driving yet) I realized my 3G alternator was not charging. For the hell of it I grounded the alternator and got 14.8 volts. no grd wire = no voltage. Is it possible my power coated alternator bracket is acting as an insulator and killing the conductivity with the motor??

Mine are powder coated but I did file the coating off where the bracket touches the block and where the alternator goes as it was too tight and I didn’t want pulley misalignment. Try that and see what happens.

Hey aero, I did not do that. Bonehead move! I am going to make a 4ga grd from the threaded hole in back of alt to the engine block where the battery grd is. I thought the mounting bolts would have been good enough but now that I think about it, the mounting bolts do not go into block, just the bracket. btw, I have a slight surging issue, car starts right up but idle from 800-950, I hope my Chinese TB is not causing :(