Need help, 67 pillar pad install

Red5oh

Jul 8, 2005
DFW, Texas
I need help installing the new pillar pads. The car orginally came with them, but they were in terrible shape and quickly removed and discarded. Now that it is time to install the new ones, I cannot figure out how to do this.... the headliner was easier than these.

There are two sets of holes in the pillars themselves, so which set do I use?

Also, how do you attach the clips to the pads themselves? There are no holes in the pillars, only 'spots' of aluminum that are showing. I dont think you have to drill them as the clips have a 90 degree bend in them.. do the clips go under those aluminum spots? If so, where? Do you just shove them under there and get it lined up with one set of those holes in the pillar area?

Anyway, I hope I have explained myself well enough for some help.

One of these days I WILL finish this thing! And I hope its soon... the goal is the end this calendar year.

• Sponsors (?)

The way I did it was to take an exacto knife and make a cut between the aluminum and pad then force the clip in, gota keep the blade parallel to the aluminum. They clips should line up with holes that are in the A pillar. Then just smack-em in.

UGH! I hated this problem. Very frustrating because of the simple solution. The clips go in the pad perpendicular to the pad, not in line with it. Meaning, if you hold the pad straight up and down-vertical, the clips slide in left to right or right to left -horizontal. Then they can be adjusted up or down in the slot to align them. Magically, the clips will line up with only one set of holes. The natural tendancey is to insert the clips in line with the pad which results in the clips not aligning with any of the holes in the piller. I had to go pry a pad off a junker to figure it out...lots of wasted time on that.