Need help on possible swap

Well guys, gas is soring high and Im ready to say hell with the 5.0 haha. Im picking up a 1990 blue mint HB, that was gonna be a 5.0T with my motor and tranny from my current 5.0. Well things have changed and now I'm thinkiin 2.3 turbo ford. Now my ? is, Since its a 1990 does the chassis wiring harness hook up with lets say a 1988 T/c engine harness? Is it plug and play or do I have to mess around alot with wires. I need some sort or wiring diagram if that is needed. Also, since this car was orginally a 2.3 stang, the fuel pump needs to be changed right? to what a 255 or sutin?. Also how bout fuel lines? I plan on runnin sorta a SVO Y-pipe so I can have dual pipes. I dont want this thing very modded but I want it extremely fun to drive. I dont care if its never faster that 14.2 or w/e . Give me links to swapped cars with info if you guys have any. And send me links to places that sell aftermarket pistons and stuff, since I think I got my hands on a 85 T/C motor and tranny, dont know if it runs

Thanks alot guys, hope to be another Turbo Ford owner :flag:

-Kevin-

• Sponsors (?)

88stangnut said:
Well guys, gas is soring high and Im ready to say hell with the 5.0 haha. Im picking up a 1990 blue mint HB, that was gonna be a 5.0T with my motor and tranny from my current 5.0. Well things have changed and now I'm thinkiin 2.3 turbo ford. Now my ? is, Since its a 1990 does the chassis wiring harness hook up with lets say a 1988 T/c engine harness? Is it plug and play or do I have to mess around alot with wires. I need some sort or wiring diagram if that is needed. Also, since this car was orginally a 2.3 stang, the fuel pump needs to be changed right? to what a 255 or sutin?. Also how bout fuel lines? I plan on runnin sorta a SVO Y-pipe so I can have dual pipes. I dont want this thing very modded but I want it extremely fun to drive. I dont care if its never faster that 14.2 or w/e . Give me links to swapped cars with info if you guys have any. And send me links to places that sell aftermarket pistons and stuff, since I think I got my hands on a 85 T/C motor and tranny, dont know if it runs

Thanks alot guys, hope to be another Turbo Ford owner :flag:

-Kevin-
You need to repin the Mustang computer with the 2.3 turbo motor. The fuel pump doesn't need to be changed initially, but if you plan to make big numbers, 255 lph (or ph or however) seems to be a common upgrade. Everyone seems to have a hard time around here keeping them stock. There are numerous people on here with swapped 'Stangs. Google the 2.3L Webring and you'll find more than I can remember to list. For the aftermarket, racerwalsh.com, esslinger.com, others will chime in with more. Turboford.org is very beneficial also (not aftermarket, but plenty of experts on the 2.3T).
Post pics!

So you guys think its easyier to repin the stock 2.3 90 engine harness then to swap a TC harness in? And also I dont get where you plug in the VAM control?

and also. Im going to look at a car in the scrap yard, its a 84 T/C with a complete motor and tranny, guy wants a 100$ for all of it. Is this worth it, I dunno if it runs. Also what turbo does that car have? IHI or T3?

88stangnut said:
So you guys think its easyier to repin the stock 2.3 90 engine harness then to swap a TC harness in? And also I dont get where you plug in the VAM control?

and also. Im going to look at a car in the scrap yard, its a 84 T/C with a complete motor and tranny, guy wants a 100$ for all of it. Is this worth it, I dunno if it runs. Also what turbo does that car have? IHI or T3?

Repinning the '90 harness is extremely easy! You need to acquire a TC VAM connector and about 6" of accompanying wire. Instructions are on Stinger's site and www.flemworld.com.

Buy the '84 for $100. You'll make 10 times that much selling off the parts! It has a T3. IHI's came on '87-'88 TC's. :banana: