NEED HELP WITH FIRST MODS!

Feb 13, 2009
I have a 2006 gt. I am looking to get exhaust and an intake. I will want to get the tune also.. With the exhaust, I dont want it to be too loud in the car. What combo do you suggest? Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I'd suggest getting a C&L Racer or JLT cai. I think the Magnaflow Magnapacks sound perfect on the 05+ 4.6Ls. It's not "too" loud with the factory mid pipe. If you get rid of the cats with a O/R X pipe it just sounds wicked. I'd highly recommend getting a SCT Xcal3 from Justin at VMP Tuning. I think Justin sells the C&L Racer cai with a custom tuned Xcal3 for a discounted price, you might want to ask him.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Custom Tuned SCT X-Calibrator V3 NEW!

I have a set of these from B&B. They give off a deeper exhaust note rather than some of the cheaper aftermarket exhaust mufflers that give off a tinny hollow note.
The sound inside the car is not much over stock.
There is some drone in 5th gear but not more that what I expected.
There's a video clip on the link below of what they sound like.
B&B is pricey but the manufacturing quality is unmatched.
I think if my entire car rusted to the ground the polished stainless steel exhaust would still be laying there.

Ford Mustang Exhaust Applications from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

I'd go with the JLT cai with a custom dyno tune at your local trusted speed shop.

Magnapacks sound awesome with just about any set-up. I had magnapacks with the stock H, O/R prochamber and no my personal favorite magnapacks, prochamber and hi-flow cats. Reg. magnaflows sound good with O/R H or O/R prochamber.

I had an O/R x-pipe and the pypes mid muffler system. i liked it, but the noise was too much for my pissy neighbors. I have 2 Pypes M-80 mufflers and a muffler delete system for sale. PM if you're interested. The muffler delete's sound sweet, but when you put the mid mufflers on there it gives it that 2v sound. right now i'm running an offroad x pipe and stock mufflers and i love it. it sounds so raw and powerful.