Need Help

• Sponsors (?)

Try connecting the leads from the gauges to 1 9v battery to see if it lights up. You might have a bad unit. More likely you have a wiring issue. Which wires on the light switch did you tap into? And how did you tap into them?

well in the instructions it said to the thick grey wire that goes to the middle of the block on the headlight switch but on mine it's a brown wire and i had seen where someone on american muscle website that confirmed the wire is actually brown and i connected them with wire connectors and grounded it to the unpainted metal plate underneath the sterring colum

To be honest I don't recall the wire color I tapped into (it's been a few years), perhaps someone else does. But I'm definitely sure it was a thin wire, and I had to use one of the smallest connectors (the little red one). I'd suggest some old-fashioned electrical troubleshooting. You'll want to use a voltmeter to see that you're getting good voltage and ground from your wire-tap and where you grounded it to the plate (which should be fine). If that's good, then you'll want to check the function of the gauges for which I suggest a known good voltage source (9V battery is the easiest).