need pics of turbines with 275/50 tires on them

forango

Feb 19, 2003
south florida
I have a 1987 5.0 GT with the stock turbine rims...I have been told they will look nice with 275/50 Nitto drag radials out back which would be sweet since I would like to keep the sleeper look going. But I want to make sure I will still be able to lower the car after doing so and really want to see it before I commit.

Can anyone post some pics of 5.0s with this setup out back? or maybe direct me on where I can find pics.

Thanks,

josh

• Sponsors (?)

They will fit fine. My buddy has been through several sets of 275/50 bfgs on turbines on his gt. I had 275/50 bfgs on my 10 holes which are the same width (7"). Only thing I had to do to fit them was flip the quad shocks and massage the inner fender a tiny bit. I don't have any pics of his turbines but here's what mine looked like on the 10 holes. Can't believe how ****ty my car used to look haha.

Oh, and btw, don't waste your time with Nittos if you're looking for traction.

HPIM1164-1.jpg

Thanks for the input guys and that photo is badass! LOL....Did you have to flip the shocks at stock ride height, or just to lower the car? and by flip them do you mean you switched right to left, or just front to back?

BTW--it rains a ton here and I have found the Nittos to be ALOT safer in the rain than on previous cars. I have learned to launch the Nittos on the street fairly well.

It's all stock rideheight. Bone stock rear suspension. Just remove the quad shock, flip it around the other way and reinstall it so that the narrow side is towards the rear of the car to give the tire more clearance.

Didn't realise you were driving it in the rain. Mine gets just about daily driven on 28x9" slicks now haha. They love the rain! It floats like a boat. You could never get me to put a drag radial back on the car after seeing how these hook!

cov-axledmp2.jpg

It's all stock rideheight. Bone stock rear suspension. Just remove the quad shock, flip it around the other way and reinstall it so that the narrow side is towards the rear of the car to give the tire more clearance.

Didn't realise you were driving it in the rain. Mine gets just about daily driven on 28x9" slicks now haha. They love the rain! It floats like a boat. You could never get me to put a drag radial back on the car after seeing how these hook!

cov-axledmp2.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately down here every road is so heavily trafficed that when it rains the pavement turns into an oil slick.LOL...A couple of people on local forums around here have lost control in the rain on BFG DRs not even pushing the car half throttle.....Another reason i use Nitto's is I can get a good 12K miles out of them so i dont have to replace every 4 months. LOL

Thanks again for all the info!

They will fit fine. My buddy has been through several sets of 275/50 bfgs on turbines on his gt. I had 275/50 bfgs on my 10 holes which are the same width (7"). Only thing I had to do to fit them was flip the quad shocks and massage the inner fender a tiny bit. I don't have any pics of his turbines but here's what mine looked like on the 10 holes. Can't believe how ****ty my car used to look haha.

Oh, and btw, don't waste your time with Nittos if you're looking for traction.

HPIM1164-1.jpg

thats a whole lot of tire on a little wheel. your wheels have a ghetto booty