Need some advice on a misfire

black96gtstick

Sep 7, 2003
I searched and no one seems to be having the same problem.

The last 3 days I have had a misfire in one or more cylinders that I cant seem to track down and solve. The misfire is independent of RPM but seems directly related to throttle position/sudden change in throttle position. Ive replaced the TPS, O2 sensors (front only), my fuel pump is about 2 years old, my coil packs and wires about 1 year old, and I have a full tank of gas with a bottle of injector cleaner added to it.

There is no CEL but I scanned for codes and it came back clear. Anyone have any ideas? Im about to lose my mind..

• Sponsors (?)

black96gtstick said:
I searched and no one seems to be having the same problem.

The last 3 days I have had a misfire in one or more cylinders that I cant seem to track down and solve. The misfire is independent of RPM but seems directly related to throttle position/sudden change in throttle position. Ive replaced the TPS, O2 sensors (front only), my fuel pump is about 2 years old, my coil packs and wires about 1 year old, and I have a full tank of gas with a bottle of injector cleaner added to it.

There is no CEL but I scanned for codes and it came back clear. Anyone have any ideas? Im about to lose my mind..

very rare is a misfire fuel related.. 99 percent of misfires in our cars are caused by the ign. plugs,wires and coils. you need too run a power balance test too fin the cyl causeing the problem if the computer is not setting a code.

replacing 02 sensors and TPS's is a waste of money unless you have a code for circuit faults or slow switching for the 02's

i have been working on fords for awile now and i have replaced only 1 tps. and that car ran fine with a bad one but was settign a code.

i think i should make a topic about tps and 02 sensor replacement and try too get the mods too sticky it.