need some math help(insectide related)

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
:OT: I know this isn't about svt's, but I have one, and I have a problem, that nobody seems to understand. I am trying to use a product, that is basically suppossed to be applied with a pump hand held sprayer, like the gallon size ones you can get at walmart. here is the formula 1 ounce per gallon, will treat 1000sq feet. Obvoiusly I cant use a hand held sprayer on my hole yard. So I need to figure out how to dilute it to use with a dial hose ended sprayer. so far I have been told to set it at one ounce and go, but how long does it take to put out a gallon of water through a typical hose, definately not long enough to cover 1000sq feet. So I have to dilute it prior to diluteing it with the dial. does this make sense to anyone? I was hopeing that someone with some advanced math skills could address this. I have tried asking around here, and get the wrong answer. I figured one of you GUYS could understand, better than the people I have talked to already. once again, sorry this isn't car related. any help is appreciated, thanks chris :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Your hose end sprayer should do the trick for you, regardless of how much water actually pumps through the thing. Mine has a dial that I can adjust to about 30 different settings in 1/2 ounce increments. Each notch is how much to mix per gallon, but it does not require me to run a gallon through the thing to get said mixture as it will mix it properly as the water flows through. In other words, you should be able to fill the hose end sprayer with however much insecticide you need, set your measurement at 1 ounce, hook the hose to it and let it fly. I've used mine for weed killer and it's worked just fine that way. Not sure if that helps you or not, but I tried!

I do pest control for a living and the hose mount one are not good to use, I it it it wount mix properly. Just a back pack sprayer It will work. What are you spraying for.