Need to make exhaust louder

T-Sho

Jul 31, 2006
I want to make my exhaust system louder. I have a '03 GT with Spintech side exhausts. Everything else is stock. I was thinking the next step might be to get an aftermarket h-pipe? What do you mustang experts think? But keep in mind that I live in Texas where we do have emissions laws.

• Sponsors (?)

You can also get SLP mid with there race pipes and there converters. There interchangable so you just have to change out the converters and race pipes instead of the whole mid pipe.

I have the same problem as you, and the sad part is i already have a Bassani catback and an O/R X-Pipe. Guess my only option to get louder is some Longtubes :shrug:

I wish there was a company that made an exhaust as loud as the SLP LMI's but with a better sound. I want that volume but not the SLP catback

PlatinumDevil said:
offroad PC is noticeably quieter than o/r h or x... but i've never heard of an h being louder than an x, if anything i've heard the opposite.
Exactly, from what ive heard, x-pipes are usually alot louder. I guess to get the volume i want, i'll either have to get the SLP catback and some LT's or some round Bassani Race Mufflers. Anybody else have any other suggestions?

i have Spintech mufflers(dont know which model came on car) and a Bassani O/R X pipe. it sounds honestly a lot like a NASCAR or a Trans-Am car. very very raspy, and exteremely loud. i have ricers tell me that my car is too loud. tested it on a Db meter and it was around 125Db at 4500rpm. also when i let off the gas it sounds like a diesel with an exhasut brake. i absolutely love it, but i will probably switch to Borla Stinger mufflers.

bdcardinal said:
i have Spintech mufflers(dont know which model came on car) and a Bassani O/R X pipe. it sounds honestly a lot like a NASCAR or a Trans-Am car. very very raspy, and exteremely loud. i have ricers tell me that my car is too loud. tested it on a Db meter and it was around 125Db at 4500rpm. also when i let off the gas it sounds like a diesel with an exhasut brake. i absolutely love it, but i will probably switch to Borla Stinger mufflers.
IMO they (Spintechs) sound like truck mufflers - I was very disappointed and couldn't wait to get rid of em. And just like you are thinking, I too went to Borla Stingers - now THESE are Trans Am sounding...scares the neighbors AND it is a sweet sound, not like those fing Spintechs.