Need to make exhaust louder

GT12207 said:
I experienced both pipes first hand,though. My MRT catted H pipe was louder than my past Magnaflow catted x-pipe as well as my current Bassani catted x-pipe.

If someone owns or have owned both an x and a h pipe, jump in here.
Was this all with the same catback? Very weird that you would say that but a certain catback may have just seem louder with an h than x-pipe. Every LOUD stang i've heard usually has an x-pipe and those things scream alot more at high rpm's than the deep rumbling h-pipe. Have experience with both as well

• Sponsors (?)

I've had a few combos on each of our stangs...O/R H, catted H, and now O/R X's on both.
IMO, O/R H or O/R X is simply louder than catted of course, but I'd be hard pressed to consider one louder than the other (H or X). They are different, but, depending on your combo, you could end up louder with either an H or an X.
My wife's O/R H with Flows was pretty outrageous, but I think my Borla Stinger catback with an O/R X is a louder when romped on...yet, if you compare idle, her's was nastier (kind of the nature of an H - it's just not as free flowing).
That brings to mind another myth - long tubes are REALLY loud...NOT true. Typically, and again, this is just my opinion but it is based on my own personal observations, not what I've read somewhere...long tubes (dunno have any experience with shorties, but I'd bet they would behave in a somewhat similiar fashion) quiet the exhaust down.

exindust said:
Just buy a o/r prochamber and be done with it
I love these definative answers, especially when they are supported with such robust, factual experience that the writer shares with us all.
(Bubba on TercelNet told me gettin' a cherry bomb muffler would be "gettin' 'er done" so that's what I'm doing) :rolleyes:

speedfreak98r said:
Yes, an aftermarket midpipe would deffinatly make it louder. My advice is, get an off road mid pipe (meaning without cats), and keep your stock one for when it comes time to get it inspected.

+1 If you want it louder an off-road midpipe is the only way to go!