Need valve covers that cleak Twisted Wedge heads

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Like the title says, I need some valve covers that will clear my TFS Twisted Wedge Heads. I have the fox VC on right now and the rockers are just varely hitting the inside. Do I need to get some high-rise valve covers? and if I do, I'll also need an intake spacer to go along with that as well right?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a paw book you can do what i did and get some 5/16 valve cover gaskets. With those and a small amount of grinding on a few spots i had plenty of clearance...

Otherwise you can get them out of summit but there more expencive. You would have to call probably because im not finding them right off hand.

I have tfs heads with svo rockers and i clear everything with stock Fox aluminum valve covers

i have the trickflow short covers. they clear my scorpion 1.6's perfectly and look just as good as they perform. the downside is that they arent cheap.

DSC00260.JPG

DSC00256.JPG

DSC00257.JPG

i just had this problem the stander tfs valve covers will clear 1.6 arms. if you get the tall ones's you've got grind the iiac and the tps i tried it, it was a pain but i went to the stander height with a 3/8 spacer and everthing fits perfect and their is still a little valve cover clearence :nice:

GTPhreak said:
you have to pull a cover each time you want to add oil.

j/k. you have to put a hole for a breather/cap

Thats what I figured. Is this the right part # on Summit for the breather/cap?
TFS-51400800

Also, one more quick question about the TF VC's. Will I need to run an intake spacer? I think I remember hearing something about a 3/8" one? That would allow my hood to still clear so that would be OK.

OK, so two questions. They will clear Comp Pro Magnum 1.6's won't they? I don't see a problem since they seem to clear everything else. Thanks.

red94fiveo said:
Thats what I figured. Is this the right part # on Summit for the breather/cap?
TFS-51400800

Also, one more quick question about the TF VC's. Will I need to run an intake spacer? I think I remember hearing something about a 3/8" one? That would allow my hood to still clear so that would be OK.

OK, so two questions. They will clear Comp Pro Magnum 1.6's won't they? I don't see a problem since they seem to clear everything else. Thanks.
that would be the right one. as for the spacer, i had to use a 1/2" spacer to clear my gt40.