new 302 motor

RAGS

Aug 13, 2019
melrose park
hi guys thanks for bringing me in,i have an odd problem,i found a complete brand new 302 motor in a house i was demo,ing,the guy who owned the house was a genious who went to M.I.T he had a 79 marquis in the garage with no motor,so im guessing this was for that,the issue im having is ,the block is a 79-84 302 i found a set of brand new pistons ,but they are 30 over ,doesnt jell,its a brand new block ,no reason to go over,or is there something im missing ,im thinking he may have wanted to build a sort of racing motor being that its all in pieces,it also has a ford alum 4bbl hi rise,i probably need to investigate the heads and crank to see whats up ,the casting number isD9OE-6015-E3A N THEN THE LINE BELOW IT SAYS9A15 any help would be great ,thank u

• Sponsors(?)

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
The pistons being .030" over means nothing by itself.

Are they aftermarket or Ford cast aluminum replacements? High-end forged pieces? Do they have valve reliefs? Are they dished?

You threw a lot of vague descriptions out there with your first post, with no pictures or punctuation and a single casting number and want us to tell you what you have.

We're happy to do that, but you'll have to help us help you.

RAGS

Aug 13, 2019
melrose park
gonna do some more investigating ,just have alot of projects going now,i was just curious if this sounded like a motor thats worth building for my 66 f100 thanks guys