New Guy From North Carolina

Madmardigan

Jul 31, 2014
Hey y'all.

Figured the welcome area was the first place to post.

Bit about myself. I'm 33, married, and waiting for my first child to be born (12 weeks to go!)

Growing up in the 80s I was always a fan the Fox, I'm on my 3rd Mustang currently. Had a 05 and 06 GT before I bought my current 87 LX Hatch 5.0 Had the 06 up till last year (bought it after my divorce from my first wife, had the 05 when I was married but had to sale it cause my ex wife had a horrid driving record.) But I needed a truck, and was either going to keep the 06 and get a cheap truck, of get a project Mustang and get a nice truck. So I did the latter and bought a 13 F150 with the 5.0

Outside of the Mustang hobby, I'm into guns, outdoors (camping and off-roading), anything cooking that involves a smoker, and hockey (Go Canes, being slack for Jack Eichel lol).

• Sponsors (?)

I will have to get them after work. It's a 20/20 paint job right now.

Next 2 years hopefully a respray to a copper orange will happen. (Have a place to paint it, I just have to get the paint and prep it, my mother Inlaw has a shop.)

Bought the car rust free with a good engine, but no brakes, bad trans, and ugly paint for cheap.

Going to have the AOD rebuilt with a manual valve body and 2600 rpm stall and 4:10 soon.

Fixed the brakes, there was only 1 bolt holding the booster on, and all of the bleed valves was open. He said the cars brakes felt soft... Lol.

Only mods I have found, after market tach, smog delete, long tube headers, and a misc cold air intake held on by a USB cord.

I also need to replace the tilt column, someone shade tree the after market steering on, and messed up the shaft where it connects, allowing the wheel to turn (sometimes) with out turning the shaft.

Here's a pic from when I bought it, with no brakes, and needing lots of TLC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 99