New Guy With Question

Brian LaDuke

Jan 13, 2018
Hi guys and gals,

I am looking to buy my first V8 Mustang this spring but can’t decide on what generation. I have been looking at 13 Roush, 07-13 GT500, as well as the 15-17 GT. Maybe even a used GT350. Being a newbie just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you can find and afford a used GT350, get that hands down. The collectibility of those cars will be a very good thing in the future. Plus the tech in those cars is amazing.

Since those aren't found on every corner, I would go for a '13-'14 GT500, those will have the highest value and are the easiest to modify into extreme monsters out of all your choices.

After that, a '12-'13 Boss 302.

Then, any of the other modern GT500's.

Now, if collectibility isn't an issue, get a 2018 GT. It comes with the third generation of the coyote engine. You get direct injection, 12 to 1 compresssion and a host of the GT350's tech. They have been run into the elevens STOCK in the quarter mile! That's with the 4000lb fatass of the S550 (not knocking it, beautiful car).

Roush's are very nice cars, but I would choose the '18 GT before Jack's cars. The price barrier of getting his upgrades is intimidating with what ford offers now.

Let us know what you choose, and show pictures because
:worthlesb

Anyhow, welcome to stangnet. I can't wait to see what you choose!