New Here ...help 1991 Gt 5.0

ScottyB351w

Jul 11, 2017
Hi All,
First I'd like to thank Admin. for allowing me to join!
My Stang...1991 GT 5.0....
Stock bottom end Trick Flow Track Heat Heads, E303 Cam, Performance Plus Typhoon Intake, C&L 76mm mass air w/h 65mm Ford Racing Throttle Body, Cold air intake with K&N cone filter in fender well, stock injectors( up grading soon),255Lph fuel pump, built AOD w/h manual valvebody & electric overdrive delet. Aluminium Drive shaft & 4.10 rear gear.

The Problem???
I noticed that the fuel pump was not coming on when the key was switched on... after a about 20 seconds it would come on & as soon as the car was shut off fuel pressure would drop to 0 ( so i figured the check valve in the pump was bad. I drove the car off & on for about 2 weeks like this. I put the new 255 Lph pump in & the car still had the delay when switched on but it did fix the fuel pressure issue. Changed the fuel pump relay... still have the delay & was getting if about turning on at all.. Changed the fuel pump shut off (inertia switch)... & the delay went away. Now fuel pump comes on instantly & primes, but some times the car spins & spins & doesn't crank but it will fire up off a shot of throttle body cleaner....... finally got car to run but will only run for a few min before it dies & want start back...usually after 10 min or so it will fire up again but only for a few minutes.....going to change the fuel filter tomorrow b/c it's starting to rain now but the way the car runs & drives up until it suddenly dies acts like something kills the fuel instantly.
Please help!

Sorry for such a long thread but I believe I got most of the details in there somewhere.
Thanks in advance
ScottyB.
Love My GT!

• Sponsors (?)