New Magnapacks and X-pipe on 98 cobra

1wildGT

Founding Member
Jun 4, 2001
Abilene TX
Just finished installing my new Magnaflow X-pipe and Magnapack catback on my 98 Cobra. Sounds completely awesome and pulls way harder throughout the powerband. Threw on 4 new 02 sensors since I had everything down, the old ones looked pretty carbon fouled after 52K.

The fit and finish of the Magnaflow stuff is great, not fitment issues and no leaks. If you are thinking about Magnapacks and worried that they'll be too loud, they aren't. I was expecting extremly loud and crackly based on some threads I've read, they are just right and not a whole lot different than the Magnaflow mufflers on my 03 Cobra. I'm sure they'll sound different once broken in awhile.

You really can't go wrong with Magnaflows or Magnapacks on these cars IMO, they both sound really great. I am sold on Magnaflow and it is the only exhaust I'll be putting on my rides from now on (Until the next best exhaust comes along :p ).

I did the whole install on jackstands and ramps in my garage, what a PITA. Now I gotta crawl back under one more time to make sure everything is still tight after a few short drives.

• Sponsors (?)

How much do the Magnaflow X-pipes go for these days? I was thinking of getting a catted on, I've had the stock H on ever since the Bassani X I had went bad. Those cats were junk!!!
Magnaflow does make a catted X-pipe for your car. Check with Partshopper and see if the can get one for you because they don't have your particular model listed. Stangnet/Partshopper will meet or beat anyone's price on Magnaflow products. The going rate for their stainless steel Mustang catted X-pipes are approximately $450.

Here's the one for your car: http://www.car-sound.com/02product/displaydirectfit01.asp?catalogid=3192&directfit=93343

Magnaflow part number: 93343

U.M.