New Owner Questions

amoril

Dec 31, 2005
Would anyone happen to have any information on these full glass replacement roofs? I just saw them today at the auto show in san diego and thought they were pretty cool: http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/637.html

I want to start out modding by adding better sways and a CAI. Anyone have any recommendations for those? Are the GT take-offs for the sways any good or should I get some from other manufacturers? This is my first american car so I'm not really familiar with the manufacturers out there.

Does anyone know a trustworthy performance shop in the San Diego area I can go to for the mods that are out of my skill range? (dyno tuning, etc.)

Also is anyone concerned with voiding their warranty with the mods that are out there, do you not mind or will adding sways not void a warranty?

Thanks for any feedback.

• Sponsors (?)

GT take-off sways are just dandy. A few have done this and are very happy with improved cornering.

CAI...C&L intake with a Bamachips X-cal II tune! Makes the car drive like it should from the factory! K&N, MMR, Tunable Induction and Airaid are some other decent options.

Technically, the aftermarket parts are only going to void the warranty if they can show the part caused the problem. But, every Ford garage is different.

Welcome to the board!

saleen put out a press release and they will be offering a "glassback"-style roof. the price tag on it was $4,000.

Attachments

• saleen press release.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 158
CDC said a while back that the glassback would "be around a couple thousand installed" take that for what its worth. if saleen can get $4000 for it, CDC would likely get about the same. if it was $2000, i would consider it, but $4000??!!?!?! i'm out!!

My understanding is that it is a high-end laminated glass specifically designed for this type of application.

They have so many types of film and process lamination techniques for glass applications. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable driving in it, other than being distracted all the time. lol

Excepcion13 said:
Wouldn't that thing rain death from above if you were ever in an accident?
all the structural integrity in the roof comes from the side rails. the glass is laminated like your windshield and should be urethaned in like the windshield too. when that happens, it actually becomes a structural reinforcment.