New Paint Job, the Do's and Dont's. *pics*

Oct 7, 2003
New Paint Job, need HELP *pics*

****Last picture is censored but it may still be NSFW****

I just had my car repainted and I was wondering if I could wash it right away? I heard that you're supposed to wait a couple weeks, but I'm not sure.

If I can't wash it for a while, can I use a cali. duster on it?

Also, I took the car on a drive last night and just got slammed with bugs. Should I lightly wash those off now? Just water? Water + Soap?

My last question is, where can I find that clear material Lexus puts on the front of their cars to keep bugs/rocks/etc. from damaging the paint. Anyone heard of this stuff? It's like a thin clear plastic that sticks to the front of the car. Almost like a bra would.

Let me know what you think.

new2.JPG

new3.JPG

new4.JPG

new5.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

About $1400.

However he did some body work as well. I had dents all over the car, a "keyed" RH side, and the paint was cracking on the fenders. The front bumper had also been through 1 light rear end collision and a guy on a bike hitting the side of it then flipping over my hood.

Looks 100% better now, except for some orange peel, which will be fixed next weekend.

Thats the coolest location for pics ever! I wish I had a good spot to take pics of my car. Paint job looks awesome. When my dad had his suburban painted, they told him no wash for a week, no wax for at least a month. You may be okay to clean it a little, you may want to call the shop first though.

& also i found this brochure from the company that repainted it & it says if you hand wash it make sure you have adequate water pressure to avoid grinding in abrasive mud & road salt...or you may take it to a soft-cloth car wash.

and also to wait 60 days or longer before using any hand-applied wax & not to apply paint sealant or glaze until the 60 day period is up.

i got my body work done at churchbrothers in indianapolis & i dont think that they are nationwide, but they are well known in indy

Q's Stang said:
those are saleens arent they?

Yup.

MUSTNAG 03 said:
Do a search on google for 3M Invisible Bra.

Awesome, that's what I wanted.

Q's Stang said:
& also i found this brochure from the company that repainted it & it says if you hand wash it make sure you have adequate water pressure to avoid grinding in abrasive mud & road salt...or you may take it to a soft-cloth car wash.

and also to wait 60 days or longer before using any hand-applied wax & not to apply paint sealant or glaze until the 60 day period is up.

i got my body work done at churchbrothers in indianapolis & i dont think that they are nationwide, but they are well known in indy

Sweet. Just the answer I'm looking for. Thanks.

90RanGer said:
Man that hood looks sooo good, so is that a real saleen hood? Nice car man keep up the good work.

Thank you. No it's not a "real" one, just a rep.

blackink00 said:
is that a steeda wing? nice paint also. is that the factory black color?

No, it's a Saleen wing. I do believe that this is the factory black, or at least as close as I wanted to get.