New Subframe Connectors Installed!

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dunedin, FL
See pics... these are the new Maximum Motorsport XL Series full length subs - they were bare, but my install guy painted them grey - which works for me - helps them stand out a bit. He also had to adjust the midpipe and catback due to interference, and still had to roll thelip on the heat shield on the driver's side cat. He really did a nice job. :nice: Performance Specialities - Tarpon Springs, FL.
(Also note the crap still on my driver's side cat - a result of getting a plastic bag caught on it about a month ago - the smell is finally gone, but the crap remains.)
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Pics are broken :shrug:

I'm curious as to how these compare to the older MM subframes that I have..

I had an entire garbage bag stuck to my exhaust, i know how you feel. I rode the fumes for 300 miles and I was so high and f'd up I thought I heard my motor knocking at over 100dB, I was tearing my hair out.

twogts4us said:
:damnit: Alright, sorry guys - having a bit of a problem with my website. Hopefully these pics are ok. :cheers:
DAMMIT ALL TO HELL - what is the deal?!?!?!
OK, for those who give a sh1t, here is my website, currently being redone - so all that is there are these 4 pics. TwoGTs4Us
Also, I've uploaded them as attachments to StangNet - so, here are two of them -

twogts4us said:
Here are the other 2 -
Peace! :flag:

those look cool, and i noticed that u have a mac catted h with flow masters, ive have the 40's 2 and was wondering if the h made a big diffrence in sound because i was thinkin of ordering one

slvrgt said:
those look cool, and i noticed that u have a mac catted h with flow masters, ive have the 40's 2 and was wondering if the h made a big diffrence in sound because i was thinkin of ordering one
On my car, the one in the pictures, that is an MRT catted H. With Flowmasters, I wouldn't have anything but an H. Not that the X sounds bad, but the H is distinct, muscle car sound, deep, throaty - perfect IMO!

slvrgt said:
yea thats the sound im lookin for, did the h make the flowmasters alot louder
NO, not a considerable amount - the biggest difference when going to an aftermarket midpipe is the tone (as well as about a 5HP gain), both due to increased volume/flow characteristics.

Sick96Stang said:
How did the new full length SFC's compare to the old ones? I'm looking at buying SFC's real soon and wondering if its worth going to the full length ones or if the regular ones are just as good.
Well, if you already have the full lengths, no , I wouldn't rush out to buy the new ones. From what I understand the are a big longer and a bit thicker, but you should also know there is considerable welding to be done - even the seat brackets are not attached and all the gussets (8 of 'em) need to be welded as well.
For $119 (and about $24 UPS 3 day shipping), I think it's a great value. These suckers are big time beefy and heavy duty. I couldn't imagine spending about $90 or so on something that might be comparable - why bother - get the real deal - get the beef! :nice:

fr96ss said:
ah i hate to be a party pooper but whoever welded those in didn't do them right.. you are supposed to weld the seams also not just the little metal tabs. :shrug:

I was waiting for someone to catch that. The weld job isn't finished. There should be stitch welding all along the seams like fr96ss said

overkill on welding subframes? is that possible? i suppose its all preferance, however i would make any optional welding manditory welding. why spend the money any only 1/2 install? though maybe i'm alone on this one.

Torinalth