New to Fords member

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to Fords. I have to be honest I test drove a Camaro, WRX-STI, Z370 trying to find which on I would like best. I was dead set on the Camaro because of the 425 hp engine but I wanted to try others out. On one of my test drives the dealer did not have the cars he promised me (dont get me started on sales people) but he had a mustang 5.0 so I said what the heck and took it out. After that the mustang went from not on the list to the top of the list. When I looked at cars online I never saw the 5.0,:D I'm SOOO glad i was wrong. Long story short, I just signed for a 2012 GT that is in transit as I type and I get it in 2 weeks. I'm so excited. I could not afford the premium so I got the base model but I plan on adding some bells and whistles later. I look forward to reading and learning from all of your experience with the mustangs.

:D

• Sponsors (?)

You made a good decision :nice:. We had similar stories, me and my wife already owned a 2004 mustang convertible so I was looking for something different. The cars I was looking at were the Challenger SRT8, WRX STI, Mitsubishi Evo, Infinity G37, VW GTI.....The SRT8 got ruled out because the b**** wouldn't let me test drive it and I told them I'm not going to drop 45K on a car I never drove. So after some intense research online I came across an advertisement for a 2011 5.0 Stang, so I started doing my homework there. Seemed ford finally did something right and started competing with it's pony again. I was trying to get a killer deal on a left over 2011 to save a little $$$$, then I started reading about this new color to the 2012 line, Lava Red.....It kept my intrigued. I couldn't find one anywhere within a good traveling distance to actually see the color, and after somemore looking I found one that was 400 miles away. So, I said screw it! Did a buyers order on that car, I'm not going to list options read my signature they're all there. Longest 2 weeks of my life waiting on that car, the Lava red dealers do them dirty. They don't list them on the store inventory for the most part, at least not here in FL so they can't do a dealer trade which they're required to do so if it's on there list. Only reason I had to wait is before I could go pick it up, my brother was getting married so here I am on vacation doing nothing but thinking about picking up my car (when I brought him to drop his harley off that took my mind off it completely, I love bikes but I feel I'm too irresponsible to be on 2 wheels....I like driving fast what can i say :shrug: ) It's going to be a long 2 weeks, but well worth it....Don't forget to post the pics when u get her (I'd be lying If I said I wouldn't of bought a Evo over this but there wasn't one on a lot since I already own one mustang :eek:)