New to me 4 eye, new wheels?

• Sponsors (?)

Car looks good.

I like the scoop that is on there, kinda fits the theme of the car. Sucks they put it on crooked though. Ive never been a fan of the hood posted above, but thats just me.

Keep the updates coming.

X2 on the scoop instead of the other hood, first thing I thought of was this bad ass car at Myrtle beach this year
DSCN3476.jpg

the wheels look good, so do the Mach wheels

Attachments

• DSCN3476.jpg
    DSCN3476.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 43
Nice 4 eye. I dig the wheels and the stormin norman hood looked nice. I dont dig em on the aero cars but it looks good on the 4 eye. Rims look better without the spinners imo. Please dont go 18's. Where do you get a kit to change the quarter windows to the 87-93's?

did u go with the regular magnaflows or the magnapacks? I had the regulars on my stock engined 91 and they were almost too quiet even with an o/r mid pipe

I went with a regular style Magnaflow muffler. I had Magnapacks on my '95 with an O/R X, but once I went H/C/I the **** was too loud. Ended up welding in catalytic converters to quiet it down. I think this catback will sound awesome once I change out the H/C/I again. The car has a nice O/R H on it already.

I think Im gonna keep the wheels for the time being, but Im still undecided on the scoop. I get the theme the the previous owner was going for, the car even had a rear window louver, but I took that rattling POS off the day I brought it home. I wish the scoop was more square to fit the body lines of the car better. I also wish he had attention to detail and put it on straight. I am installing my steering wheel from the '95, and plan to leave out the center console in a similar manner to my '95. I might just start a progress thread, but it will be more like a "here is the piddly **** Im doing to my 4 eye" thread compared to what most people actually do to their cars. I do like how many of you guys are interested, cause I was starting to second guess my choice of going backward from the '95. At least I know Im not crazy. Speaking of the '95, the ol' girl went flying by me today on my lunch break while someone was out test driving it. Almost brought a tear to my eye. :(

Nice 4 eye. I dig the wheels and the stormin norman hood looked nice. I dont dig em on the aero cars but it looks good on the 4 eye. Rims look better without the spinners imo. Please dont go 18's. Where do you get a kit to change the quarter windows to the 87-93's?

The windows were already swapped before I bought the car, so Im not sure what all is involved. Im pretty sure they just bolt in, and are interchangable. I do know the plastics on the inside dont match up perfect at the bottom of the window anymore, but its not enough to bother me. I have grown to like the spinners, they just belong on the Eleanor wheels. I will be adding black center caps to the inside of them though. The wheel looks naked without them, I tried taking the off and standing back.

The windows were already swapped before I bought the car, so Im not sure what all is involved. Im pretty sure they just bolt in, and are interchangable. I do know the plastics on the inside dont match up perfect at the bottom of the window anymore, but its not enough to bother me. I have grown to like the spinners, they just belong on the Eleanor wheels. I will be adding black center caps to the inside of them though. The wheel looks naked without them, I tried taking the off and standing back.

ok cool thank u

Maybe it's seeing the wheels straight on in the pics but the spinners don't seem to fit those wheels in my opinion. Maybe they look better at a different angle.

Also.. Stormin Norman hood would look pretty sick. Definitely looks like a good stang regardless what you decide.

So how do you like the 86? I know it's different from the SN95 plus the added age. But it feels more (hang on) "muscley-car-y" hehe.

I said the same thing in my original thread in the 94-95 section. That is why I wanted it, the brute muscular feel to it. Now the dumped flowmasters make it sound like a farm truck I used the drive, but I just love the short wheel base and feel of the fox cars.

In other news, I fixed my wobbling steering column and bolted on my MOMO wheel. Just had to tighten up a few bolts that probably hadnt been touched since 1985-86... My hatch rattles, and the dash pad also, but the pad is being replaced due to waviness. Slowly but surely I'll get this girl rattle free and be able to enjoy nice weather cruising in a nuisance free fox.

The feel of a fox versus SN is very different. Even though the interior in the SN is still cheap plastic everywhere, it just feels more solid and refined. The fox is a rougher feel, exactly what a muscle car is supposed to be about. Sure, many dont think of a fox like a hemi challenger from back in the day, but they were muscle cars of their time.

Alright, I just spent my wheel money on a bunch of small interior stuff. For the time being, I am going to leave the center console out, and use the rear floor mats to cover where the previous owner cut holes in the new carpet he installed. I have a new dash pad coming, regular white faced guages (non cobra like what is currently there) several cans of dark grey interior paint, some T-top corner trim pieces, a Pro 5.0 shifter so I can run a muscle car stick style handle, and a new black shift knob. I still need some new door skins, and some leather shifter and e-brake boots to have the interior close to complete for the time being. The seats need recovering, but that will be down the road after a new engine. The car's power band feels like a truck, torquey with no top end!

Rims look nice, I prefer the cobra R 16"'s, I wouldn't go bigger imo, and I have the 82 gt scoop on my 81', and I like it alot, but will probably can it due to not enough room for motor and minor upgrades:D I am also new to the 4 eye club but am warming up to the quickly, they just got somthing about them that stands out. good luck and nice find.