new track times

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
Finally got my car out of the 15s. :rolleyes:

Only mods since then is the turbo and supporting mods. Still running 3.27s, and bone stock engine.
Best time was
12.98 @107

That is a 1.97 60 foot using 315 sumtimo htrz only 7lbs of boost. Car needs could use some tunning too.

• Sponsors (?)

I forgot to add, I had it shifting at like 5200. Don't know if I should go any higher than that or keep it there.
Also my first run was at 7psi, but timing locked at 17* at 3300ish and up. On that run I ran 13.32 @ 105.49 shifting at 5150.

The next run was my best with 18* timing and shifting at 5200.
Then timing got upped to 19*, but it was spinning very baddly, ending in a 14.x at 99.
The next run they did not give a a time. Right after that ran again and got a 13.08 @ 105.93. It was probably not cool enough on that run.

It was awesome though. The other cars with D/R would take off ahead, but by the 60' mark you could say bye. :hail2:

sorry, not trying to steal the thread.....
On the road you don't see to many muscle cars except near base, but at the track there's quite a few muscle cars. there are a few fox bodies running tens, some 60's mustangs, mopars, and chevy's, and some newer muscle. I'm probably one of the youngest people at the track just because it cost a lot to have a muscle car out here for the brits(insurance, liscence, gas, parts).

here is a link to a racing series/club that have some cool cars and some helpful people, I actually just joined. :nice:

http://www.uk-srs.co.uk/index.php

yeah, I really wanted 12's N/A though. with how long i've been waiting I'll probably get another go at it anyways. I wish i had your welding/fabricating skills, then i wouldn't be waiting for so damn long!

keep up the good work!!