Newbie Cobra Owner

mcnaz

May 20, 2004
San Diego, CA
I think I originally posted in the wrong place. Anyway I'm new to the forums so bear w/me.

Just purchased an '01 Cobra coupe. Previous owner installed H&R springs (not sure which ones but the car is DUMPED). Unfortunately the undercarriage scrapes horribly over speedbumps. Would I fix this problem by switching out to Eibachs or should I go OEM?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

yep, go with the Eiback Pro. The sportlines are lower but you will suffer in the clearance and handling categories. Might wanna take a look at the "which springs to lower cobra" thread below though, theres alot of good info in there.

thanks for the replies - Just ordered the Pro-Kit. Previous owner did a Bassani exhaust and Mac-cold air. Sounds mean as hell. I haven't read a lot of positive reviews on the MAC so might swap that out too. We'll see.

Anyway - I'll try to post something useful after the Pro-Kit install to help anyone wieghing the H&R/Eibachs against each other.

And thanks for the warm welcomes. Refreshing change from some of the other forums I've lurked around on in the past.......LATER!

mcnaz - welcome to forums, and congrats on your 01 purchase. :nice:

I've just started to research this myself, and so far I was leaning towards the H&R springs. I haven't seen any H&Rs on any Cobra's in person - just pics in the forums. However, my friend has the Eibach's on his GT and they do look great.

If you have any pics (or more specifically before/after pics) I'd be interested in seeing those, especially since I have the same year snake as you.

Thanks.

I'll definitely take some before/after. I'm having the installation done on 5/29 and will get pics up soon after.
From my brief experience with the H&R's (race), they are much too aggressive of a drop for daily driven cobras. Even crawling over a normal size speedbump results in bottoming out.
Anyway, sit tight - I'll have pics in about a week.