Newbie with a 1999 Cobra A/C problem...

JOEZ06

Jun 12, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
AC blowing hot with no voltage to the compressor. Took it to the shop and the guy says the problem is the CCRM. The WOT is falsely grounding out power the to the compressor, even when not at WOT. I have yet do my own voltage chacks to verify, but, assuming it is accurate....

Guys wants $190 for the CCRM and $80 to install it.

Quesstions
1.) Where is the CCRM on this car?
2.) How hard is it to install it? 1 hour labor?
3.) Anyone have a part number? I go to several web sites selling ford parts... CCRM... Constant Control Relay Module...all no joy. The price, from Ford is not surprising, so I am considering a junk yard.

Last question. Since this is my kids car :D , I could really give a hoot if he is am robbed a few ponies of A/C Compressor overhead at WOT. if he wants full power he can turn AC off. Has anyone jumpered out this WOT relay? :shrug: Any info appreciated.

And yes, his Cobra sits right next to my 02 modified Z06 in the same garage with no quarrels. Cheers. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

DEAR Moderators...

I am not sure what your policy and tolerance if for cross posting this in another forum, so I will refrain.

Please feel free to move this post out from SVT to the 4.6L section. I think the AC is the same in Cobra/GT no?