Wallace31

Feb 17, 2012
Just signed up and wanted to say hi.

I had a 1992 LX 5.0 and sold it a few years back, I have regreted selling it ever since. It was basically stock. Tomorrow i am going to look at a 1993 LX 5.0 and it has some modifications. I guess I have some concerns if the modifications would have any adverse effects on the operation of the car. I have been doing some reading on this forum and noticed a lot of threads about stalling, hard starting and surging at certain engine rpm's. Would the modifications make troubleshooting any problems more difficult?

Here are the list of modification taken from the ad:

Performance upgrades include: Edelbrock performer upper and lower intake, BBK 70mm throttle body, ProM 77mm mass air meter, Ford Motorsports 24# injectors, crane cams 1.7 roller rockers, 190lph fuel pump, 1 5/8" equal length shorty headers, 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with cherry bomb vortex mufflers, and 3.31 gears.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmmm.... Does swapping parts on an AR-15 cause it to malfunction?

There's no answer to your question. Like anything/everything else, it would depend on whether the mods were done correctly or not. There are those than can, and those that can't, mixed in with those that know that they don't know and get help from those that can.

You're going to have to go check it out and drive it. Take a code reader with you if you're able.

Welcome to Stangnet! :)

Nothing installed has any moving parts in it other than the 3:31 gears which is a weird gear to change to anyway. If it runs like crap you'll know not to buy it. Check for rust on the strut towers. Oh and look all the way behind the lower intake by the firewall to make sure the intake isn't leaking. Sometimes people aren't generous with the RTV or use the cork crap.