Nice Engine......!

• Sponsors (?)

Forgive me for being older and niave but whats "drifting"? I dont have my son here to enlighten me. I dont quite get what the warped book shelf on the back of that car is for but it's a poor excuse for a wing IMO!! I like the tire tread racing stipes, they look kind of cool.

Drifting is kinda hard to explain but i will try. Basically its about car control in extreme situations. Basically its throwing your car into a "powerslide" before the turn and maintaining it through that turn and connecting the following turns (kinda like WRC rally drivers do, or stunt drivers do in the movies). It take alot of skill and is fun as hell!!

Drifting as a sport started in Japan. Its usually done on narrow twisty roads in the mountains late at night. All real drift cars are front engine and rear wheel drive (like the Mustang), and have a LSD (like the Mustang). Suspension is set up basically like a road racing car/autocross car with a few changes for more countersteering ability.

Lots of people will call it "rice" but drift has been around WAY before the young ricers got there hands on it!! Its too bad that the California Car Show scene has taken it under their wing..... Now ever civic driving FOOL in the word has changed to FR car(front engine, rear drive cars) so they can "DRIFT"!!?? But this might be good for FORD, so thats why they sponsored 2
2005 Mustangs for the next drift season!! Its all about "Racing on Sunday and Selling on Monday!!"

Whats the purpose you might ask??? Well here is my list

1. Learning how to handle your car at the limit!!
2. Training future road racers and getting them interested in cars in general
3. Going up to the mts. late at night, hanging with your friends driving and talking shop(illegal but....)
4. Going to the track with friends, hanging around talking shop (#3 the legal version)
5. Learn how to fix your car (trust a 7 year vet. here!!!)
6. Its FUN!!
7. Getting a new car after you total your old one(everyone likes a newer used car)
8. Did I say its FUN!!

Disclaimer:
Yeah I know all you "Real Mustang Guys" will hate on Drifting, but keep an open mind. Go to an autocross or drift day in your area. There is more to life than Drag Racing!! I take my car to the drag strip, autocross, mountains, road race tracks. All forms of racing/driving are fun!! That said, I still like seeing Turbo Drag Stangs tear up the track!!

:nice:

The real drifting cars are high performance RWD street machines. Complete opposite of rice, even if most of the drifters have ugly wings lol.

Its got fog lights though.....as well as a GT emblem on the side. Also, the black steering wheel is standard on the GT. The Alum steering wheel is the interior upgrade package........i think.

No prob, i think i spend way too much time looking at these new stangs.....i need to just suck it up and buy one.

I still cant figure out the cobra motor in that stang though.........doesnt make sense.

For all you who have never witnessed drifting, there is an episode of RIDES on TLC that is all about drifting. It is very intesting to watch, and looks alot easier than it is. The show is actually about them turning a GTO into a drift car....in a very short time.

Drift cars need very little weight and very high HP to kick them in to a slide at high speeds. Very entertaining.

Great engine! I wouldn't get a white mustang, but it is beautiful on the '05.

The graphics are

Attachments

• gay flag.gif
    gay flag.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 84