Nitrous again. All my questions are here plese elp and I will stop posting

GATOR98GT

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
BRISTOL
Ok for all those who have replied to earlier messages thanks.

I keep coming up with new questions so let me just get them all out here.

- I have a Nitrous Works Plate Kit 50 – 175 W MSD coil,MSD 6al box,MSD distributer,MSD retard box , 24lb injectors , adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Is this set-up good for no problems?

can I use pump 93 octane and run the nitrous ?

What would the retard be on 80 shot and 125 shot, I only have pills for 2-degrees for 50
And a 3-degree and 4 degree pill, will I need to buy a 5-degree pill to run the 125 shot?

I don’t have a bottle warmer, and the psi is at 600 when I turn the bottle on so do I need a bottle warmer? And what will happen if I run the nitrous with the pressure at 600? Also what does a bottle warmer run? And why would the person who put the nitrous in not have purchased a bottle warmer?

Can I hook up a window switch to a WOT switch? And is it worth it to get a window switch?

And what is the “safest” way to use the nitrous WOT switch or a button on the Sifter/Steering wheel?

I wont ask no more nitrous questions after this because quite frankly I think I’ve used up all my questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like a good combo..retard the timing 2 degrees per 50hp.
600psi is too low,get a warmer you want it double that.If you got a WOT switch you cant use a window switch because it will only turn on at WOT.Shifter botton is probably safer..personal opinion.oh,and dont be chicken go for the 150 or 175 shot
if you got forged pistons they will take it.

Nitrous..

bluevenom867 said:
Looks like a good combo..retard the timing 2 degrees per 50hp.
600psi is too low,get a warmer you want it double that.If you got a WOT switch you cant use a window switch because it will only turn on at WOT.Shifter botton is probably safer..personal opinion.oh,and dont be chicken go for the 150 or 175 shot
if you got forged pistons they will take it.

Call NOS and get the jets for 175, forget that retarted box and set it to 9 degrees, bottle psi 1150 NO MORE.. not unless you only got half a bottle.

Make SURE your spark plug gap is .036, put your button on the wheel, never put it on your shifter, if your holding the shifter where you could push a button when you shift *your shifting wrong*

Button on steering wheel, use the cuttoff switch or RPM window switch.