Nitrous Nitrous And Nitrous

4.10's are fine with a 100 shot or less and an ocassional user, but it can get addicting. For all the bells and whistles, a new setup should run about $800 $1000 if you do the install and depending on the kit.

Check your local laws. Safe bet is to remove the bottle when driving to the track and not to use on the street. I do know a few guys that drive around all the time with a 25 or 50 shot and pretty much leave it on for a little SOTP.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea my looks are are getting better but speed is addicting and im not an idiot when it comes to stuff like this and im nott gunna kill myself or blow my motor ive figured all my expenses and it looks like its gunna run me right at 1000$ with all the saftey goodies in the GENX 2 upgrade including chip burn for nitrous and gears. There is nothing in my local laws about nitrous becuase i have talked to cops as well as my friend used to have nitrous in his eclipse and he had a cousin that was a cop here and he said there is nothing they can do about the nitrous.

Oh yeah.... NITROUS PURGE:drool:

Im only 18 and I know the feel of the power under your toes, and its very addictive....Im broke right now, but in a couple weak I will be shoping for heads and cams, or nitrous......yall act like every 18 yr old doesnt know how to drive.....Ive made about 50 passes at the track with my car, and plenty of street races......Im ready for some more power......

If I were you I would get the NX wet kit, with a WOT switch....Ive known a few people who run 4.10s with nitrous.....It can be done....I went with 3.73s, because i plan on running pretty quick in the quarter mile one day.....

Dave

Yea i knew i shouldnt have really said anything about me being young but thats just one of the reasons im going for the cheaper nitrous. And im very experienced with drive my car because i have driven it for over a year and a half. Getting back to the subject i will DEFINATLEY buy a WOT switch to go with my nitrous, in fact it comes with the NX kit anyways

It's great at 18 that you have that much experience at the track! More than I do and I am twice your age.

But compare this to my last tens years of driving 50,000 miles+ per year (I work in sales), three defensive driving schools, four trips from coast to coast, and the previous ten years of driving before I worked in sales. That's as many miles as most people log in a lifetime, yet I am always learning. You should always be afraid of what a car can do. I have never been in an accident, but numerous close calls.

On to the nitrous, with a 100 lb shot, you can use stock plugs. Although going one step cooler may help (remember, most of the time you are NA). No matter what, read your plugs before installing nitrous and check them from time to time later.

When you send your Diablo in, have a second program added so you have two programs. They will give you a flip switch so you can change between nitrous and n/a tune. You must restart your car inorder for the program switch to work.

02mingreyGT said:
Did you feel that 4.10s were too much for the nitrous? Most of the time ill just be cruising really and only running nitrous at the track and only occasionally on the street. I dont have any emmisions laws in New Mexico so im not too worried about that. Looks to me right now that the dry kit is going to be the one I would go with. Would you guys suggest 1 or 2 range colder plugs for 75-100 shot? Also I will be sending in my Diablo chip in for a reflash for a nitrous tune and gear swap. Also one last question that im confused a little bit about is fuel, with my nitrous tune what octane should i run? Thanks for all the input guys :D

Just because i'm only 20, and i'm addicted to nitrous doesn't mean anything!!! Anyways, I'm running 2 steps colder with the 100 shot. I also have the timing down when im spraying. My car is running great, and I use 93 octane. Just be careful and definetly get a window switch. I love the feeling of beating guys in their LS1's!!!!

Well I'm 18 and have had my kit for about 4 months so I know your situation.

I have the basic NX kit. I have an auto so a window switch isn't that big a priority. I also want a bottle warmer, that makes a huge difference in the power gained. With a stick def. get a window switch. YOU DON'T NEED A PURGE. It's just for show, unless you really need that extra tenth... It's neat to have one, but really jumps the price of the kit up. Just get an NX EFI kit, MSD digital window switch, and the cheapest bottle warmer. With the MSD window switch you wont need a tach adaptor.

The NX kit has the highest quality solinoids, so I'd go with it. Also, regardless of what other people say, a wet kit is safer than a dry kit as long as you have a window switch. If you don't spray lower than 3000 rpms you wont have a problem with fuel puddling. However if your injectors clog a little or the device used to increase fuel pressure fails, your engine just blew up. A wet kit has less parts to fail, and that tends to be more reliable in the long run. Almost all the guys with fast, sprayed modulars run NX.

My car went from a 14.2@97 to a 13.1@107 with only a 75 shot. Not too bad for $500 and $30 to fill the bottle.

Next up gears and DRs.

Edit: I forgot to add that if you want to go with a 100 shot or higher you need a timing adjuster to moving the timing down a degree or two. Also make sure you run 93 octane in the very least and get Autolite copper plugs I have the 103s (one step colder) go ahead and get some that are two ranges colder than stock.

Thanks a bunch guys ill send the chip in before i even order all the works. i have the flip chip already with one blank tune on it anyways so i guess that works out just perfectly!!:D The problem here is that i only can get 91 octane? ehhh is that tooo risky? Oh yeah and you know you love to see that nitrous purge and it comes with the uprade anyways so may as well take advantage of it Red35th hehehehhee:drool:
Any more input will help me out even more nitrous freaks!

N/X systems are wet kits! 4.10's are perfrect for nitrous love the torque pull on them with nitrous ! go with the n/x kits there are one of the best kits out there ! I got an n/x kit for sale that i got in a trade so let me know if ur intrested !

Get a ZEX wet 82023 kit. TRUST me !! This is a nitrous kit for dummies. It only sends the juice as long as you get the fuel. No fuel, it cuts the juice. This is the kit I run and I run a 125 shot, with 4 degrees retard, and boosted (I use the NOS boost) 93 octane gasoline. I have a bottle warmer, purge kit, wot switch, Nordscog digital Air/Fuel, and Nordscog digital fuel pressure guages. (Just to keep a peak at all perameters). Take nitrous seriously, though it is awesome in all respects, with a 100-125 shot, you'll beat most blown stangs you run into, it can also bite you in the ass if you're not careful. I have a 4 program Apton chip, that has an "agressive" #4 tune, and let me tell ya, it cannot be desribed in typed words. (hehe)
Well, if you need to know anything else about this kit, or some other things I'm running, IE plugs, gap, installation, cost, and what-not, feel free to ask...........
Oh, and I would also like to point out that it costs an average of $35 to fill up your bottle. And don't say you'll use it every once in a while, because that's NEVER gonna happen my friend :p

Ok guys you have really helped me out alot. So I have picked out every last thing I am going to need to a smooth install and operation of my nitrous. Heres my list..

NX Wet Stage One Kit...includes Link
-10lb. Bottle W/High Flow Valve
-Heavy Duty Bottle Mounting Brackets
-Lifetime Guaranteed Large Solenoids
-Heavy Duty 40 Amp Anti-Flyback Relay
-16 Foot Braided Feed Line
-Activation Switch & WOT Switch
-Patented Shark nozzle
-All neccessary jets for 35-150 HP settings
-Complete detailed installation instructions

NX GENX-2 Saftey Upgrades...includes Link
-Bottle Heater
-Pressure Gauge
-Fuel Switch
-Blow-Down Fitting & Tube
-Purge

NX/MSD RPM Window Switch for 3000-5800 RPMS Link

NGK or Autolite Plugs One Heat Range Colder

Reprogram Diablo 3 Flip Chip for Nitrous Settings to retard timing etc etc.

Is there anything left out that I absolutley need because I think I have covered everything that is necassary, From what many experirenced users have told me the 4.10s will be OK for a small 75-100 shot, most likley I will jet 75 unless I really feel the need to step it up. My only concern is in my area 93 octane is kind of harder to get, 91 is really alls thats availible:shrug: Will 91 be alright? Or will I have to use that ricer octane booster junk every once in a while? You guys have been of GREAT help and I THANK YOU :flag:

02mingreyGT said:
Ok guys you have really helped me out alot. So I have picked out every last thing I am going to need to a smooth install and operation of my nitrous. Heres my list..

-Patented Shark nozzle

-Bottle Heater
-Pressure Gauge
-Fuel Switch
-Purge

Is there anything left out that I absolutley need because I think I have covered everything that is necassary, From what many experirenced users have told me the 4.10s will be OK for a small 75-100 shot, most likley I will jet 75 unless I really feel the need to step it up. My only concern is in my area 93 octane is kind of harder to get, 91 is really alls thats availible:shrug: Will 91 be alright? Or will I have to use that ricer octane booster junk every once in a while? You guys have been of GREAT help and I THANK YOU :flag:

Well, personally, I like the ZEX kit better, but hey, that's just me. 91 octane should be fine, but if you hear any pinging, put in a can of octane boost with every fill-up.

02mingreyGT said:

-Patented Shark nozzle

-Bottle Heater
-Pressure Gauge
-Fuel Switch
-Purge

How much is this all running you? (individual prices for the ones that aren't shown)