No more Turbo, Procharger D1 installed......with idle video

94TURBO5 O

Mar 14, 2004
VA
http://www.motionbox.com/filings?folder_id=2492762

Hey guys haven't been around for awhile been really busy but......

Just put a D1SC on the 88 5.0 motor in my car 2 days ago.
I was just given a 95 Cobra longblock with 191K and has never been opened at all, stock gaskets all around. Tonight I'm gonna drop in a cam and pull out the 88 5.0 motor in the video that's currently in the car and drop in the 191K block.

I will push this stocker into the 10's with 191K+ and stock hg's (or FEL Pro 8548 pt2 if these blow), virgin gt40 irons, custom cam, stock lifters, pushrods, all stock bottom end, etc.
I will use n20 75 shot (need be) and methanol injection as well along with the D1 intercooled using an 04 PMS for tuning.

Note there is nothing wrong with the 88 5.0 stocker I'm pulling out just want to blast a motor with exact known high mileage. The 88 5.0 was a donor as well with no background info at all and it's seen 11.10 on the turbo.

STOCKERS can ROCK!! :flag:

For those who don't know me on here, I refuse to build a motor when $200 stockers or FREE high mileage motors will do the trick.
**Note I do all my own work so there are labor costs and if you have the skills to put in a motor then it's as easy as 1,2,3.

BTW this is for all the guys wondering if a stocker can handle boost with high mileage. :nice:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5213D6CACB50799F

• Sponsors (?)

Those are some nice vids man. Sick looking car. There is nothing like the sound of a Procharger (just sick). Good luck. Kepp us posted on the new build up. It gives me hope for my car which has 181K on it, and I am leaning towards a KB.

Your motor is fine with 181K from my exp. I wouldn't let it rent space in your mind about your engine mileage. Just do what you would do as if it only had 20K on it.....
Fix what needs to be maintained and it'll run fine. Have fun with it now rather than worrying about what all you need to do before you can do this or this or that.....
If I would have let it worry me then all the power adders I've had and have laying around here, I would have never had one before I built my motor stronger first.

I have lots of friends build completely forgered motors will everything high dollar and have more tuning issues and their car sits in the shop more than it does driving on the road or track.
They all get pissed when they see me just drop on a power adder myself and roll out to the track and run anywhere from high 11's-low 12's on stock motor and tuning through a PMS which by no means I'm an expert at. I'm still learning it but the car would prob have more power through a professional tune on the dyno. Which is another thing I don't do anymore DYNO runs. Why do I need to know rwhp when I have satisfactory track times within my reason.
Good Luck man.
BTW just do it man, I'll even have an extra long block sitting around here I will give you if you crack yours or melt a piston after installing a SC or turbo power adder. :D

Thanks man! LOL I was trying not to hit the grass edging...
Was just burning it up one last time before I pull out the motor today.
DSC08559.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08559.jpg
    DSC08559.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 73
You change combos more than I change underwear. LOL

Sounds awesome.... loved the driveway burnout too. I did one of those when I moved out of my first house after my divorce. Figured I would let that be my last memory of a failed start on life. :D

Hey man, I just got sick of all the tightness of everything and the heat. Changing plugs & wires also was too tight to get in there. Turbo made my car too quiet exhaust and motor wise, I love the loudness of a Stang.
I also wanted the blower sound back, and to be able to bling it up again.
The turbo hands down has been the best power adder so far but when I pop a hg, having to pull the 90% of the system all off is major PITA.
For this car I just want to keep it running and enjoy the driving instead of racing it anymore.
Trying to put together a 9sec turbo notch during the Winter for next season.
I can't decide on all motor since I never tried that before or another turbo set up for it.

My wife is tired of all the grouchiness/stress when I start modding the Stang so she wants me to put together a race car for race only and leave this one alone for awhile.

:D