No New Engine for Me

Speaking of persuading wives to accept purchases, I was able to get my wife to buy into the fact that I need degins disk brake swap for my car.
"See, Honey? If I ever lose another wheel bearing, the brake caliper will ensure that the wheel will stay on until I (and our son) can get safely off the road!"

Smart....very smart.

EDIT: I've got you beat, though...... I grumped and grumbled about all the work I'd have to do to get the XR-7 "good enough for Jessie to drive". Mrs StDr asked me to start searching for (and buy) parts from that Summit Racing catalog that mysteriously appeared in our mailbox. Still to come: Gonna need to reinforce the rusty inner fender panels (around the shock towers - former Colorado car) to "tighten up" the front clip/suspesion/steering. I don't think the low-buck stick welder I got for Jessie (birthday present) is gonna be right for the job...... So, "Hello, wire-feed" :D

Now all I need is time :nonono: Maybe after we do the Silver Spur Rodeo in three weeks.......

• Sponsors (?)

i actually talked my wife into letting me put my truck payment into a savings account specifically for my car once the truck got paid off. but that wasn't going fast enough so i took out a loan (and put the truck back in hawk) to get it painted once i had it running (not driving though) but she was cool with that since she told me she would get me a paintjob once i had it running. of course then Murphy decided to raise his head and my back problems got so bad i couldn't work any more. so there the car sits with new paint and i can't work on it very much at all and i still have a ton of stuff to do to it. oh well, i do finally have all the parts for it, well most of them anyway there's always something else that needs to be replaced but at least i've got it down to pretty minor stuff.

Two answers to that problem:

#1.) Make more money than she does so if she tries to say no you can say she's not pulling her weight in the first place and the expense if part of the "extra" you are providing.

#2.) In case number one doesn't work... walk up and take back the jar on the mantle that she has your family-jewels in.
:eek:

The wife says the jewels stay on the mantle, but she's going to let me buy a new engine.

Hey Bnickel, I'm going to get a roller 351w shortblock from that city motor supply in Dallas. It's going to be around 600-700.

Sheesh!

I'm still beating up the same 240,000 motor in the Cobra! Sleved crank, new head gaskets, one-piece oil pan gasket, re-sealed oil galley plugs, it still runs! Where's the fun & challenge with new? Fixing old is more fun!

Then again, my screen name........

BTW, I wonder if I were to ask my Ex-wife........