NO2 question

FIRE IT UP

Jan 10, 2009
N20 question

Hoping some of you guys could help...I want to install an N20 system in my car but I don't know what I should be doing to help the car accept the system (i.e. what other mods should I do). I'd rather not have an extremely strong shot, as I'm just having fun with the N20. Also, can anyone recommend a good system? Thanks for the help...

2007vertGTCS--K&N CAI, FRPP4.10s, FLowmaster axlebacks, SCT Xcal3 tune

• Sponsors (?)

The ZEX kit is the way I'd go. I'd run a few gauges including a nitrous gauge and a wideband or fuel pressure gauge. I'd also get a Speed of Sound cupholder switch panel. The bottle warmer, remote bottle opener, etc are all good upgrades for the ZEX kit. I'd also recommend getting the purge kit.

Well, a good nitrous set-up would be a little more than a grand. A good supercharger set-up is going to cost you around ~$7,000 when all is said and done. The supercharger might be $6300 but than you're going to spend $500 on gauges plus all the other mods you'll end up doing.

thats true i needta listen to what i posted in the other thread and finish up all boltons then get the heads and cams done then worry about the bottle.... from what i hear the only other boltons i would benefit from would be the cmdp's tho.....any other suggestions?

thanks NastyStang...I see that kit available at americanmuscle.com which I usually go through..aside from just the N2O setup though, are there any other mods to consider first? ...such as some Comp Stage II Cams...I guess my question is whether or not I should do the cams first then add the N20...the question follows then: is the S197 engine strong enough to withstand varied N20 use w/o cam mods? One last question, which cams are best for a car that is unlikely to be run in any drag racing scenarios...I appreciate the help:SNSign:

from what ive gathered if your going mainly for sound the frpp hot rods seem to be the way to go..... i cant make up my mind between the hot rods, thumpers, or just go for more power and get the comp stage 2's..... all these decisions haha

I ran the Wilsons Pro Flo kit on my car. Its one the better top end systems (wilsons,NX Express etc) better system,solenoids etc. The above mentioned systems are rwhp numbers as opposed to flywheel numbers that Zex advertises. A window switch,bottle heater,purge,pressure gauge is all needed to run safely to a 75 shot, I recommend 1 stage colder on plugs for 100 shot or bigger. Good luck the juice is addictive.

yeah i do plan on running a 75 shot for some daily driving fun...i'll look at the wilsons system as well....as for the cams, i'd prefer to go with something that's going to help performance, not so much sound..that's why I was looking at the Comp Stage IIs because they're made for 3.73s and higher (I'm running 4.10s)....any thoughts that might help me solidify this upgrade? thanks:hail2::SNSign:

yeah if youre loking for performance check into the com stage 2's or the xfi vsr line..... i believe bbr makes goo gainwith their cams as well. I had wanted something with a rough lope idle but after doing my whole exhaust i have the sound right now i just want more power. I'm in the process of a few things trying to reach my goal of 360-375rwhp all motor. I believe with my setup + heads/cams and a good tune i should be there. Then i'll worry about the bottle after that

N20 question

Does anyone have any links related to driving using N20, and perhaps installing N20 and tuning based on it...also, what are the downfalls to using it? thanks for any help...

thanks BurntRubber...question for you...i see you got comp cams and the zex wet using 100shot...i'm basically looking at that same setup for my ride and was wondering a) why you chose to use the 100shot, b) how its working out for you, c) did you get the comp cams for the 4.10s, and c) were there any special mods you needed to do in order to make that setup work (i.e. hotter plugs, parts fabrications, etc..)? thanks :hail2:

thanks BurntRubber...question for you...i see you got comp cams and the zex wet using 100shot...i'm basically looking at that same setup for my ride and was wondering a) why you chose to use the 100shot, b) how its working out for you, c) did you get the comp cams for the 4.10s, and c) were there any special mods you needed to do in order to make that setup work (i.e. hotter plugs, parts fabrications, etc..)? thanks :hail2:

I worked closely on this with a friend who works at a dedicated nitrous shop in my area that designs their own n2o kits and pluming and he helped me figure out a good set up. 100 shot is a pretty safe bet. On separate occasions I've seen it add from 80-110 horses to the wheels. I was told 100 shot could be run on a bone stock set up with a tune + intake but it would benefit strongly from mods. I dig the car's set up a lot and it is quick (see sig), but it's the first modern car, or automatic for that matter, that I've ever messed with--my pedigree is running pre-war fords. I'm used to 3 on the tree with a truck transmission, quick change rear end and a blown '38 flathead with straight pipes. So next to that anything is a nice set up:D. My car ran fine without the cams (edit: IIs btw). I saw like 12 peak rw after installing them, only thing I really noticed was throttle response and idle. The only thing I needed to do was throw in a new stall converter, I chose a TCI 3000. I did, on a suggestion from a friend throw in another fuel pump and upgrade the stock one to ensure consistently strong fuel pressure. I'm probably just paranoid about detonation from running 4 stromberg 97s on an 11:1 compression but I also had a custom active fuel system for the nitrous kit and an MSD ping detector installed. I've heard many a story cautioning against stock plugs but don't see a necessity unless you're running a higher compression or bigger shot. Honestly, you could run the 100 on 4.10s intake and tune just fine. But if you want to run it, do the rest.