now i want the spoiler

• Sponsors (?)

I got my cobra spoiler, in black to match my car, for 150 shipped from one of the forums. Keep your eye out and you can save some serious $. BTW stalker and Saleen are rice and nice. Not even close to the same thing if you know your stangs and can appreciate the subtle differences..

i believe you may be. those 2 kits are not alike at all.

maybe the side skirts are similar but nothing else is even close

im not saying they are complete and exactly to the tooth the same.

front bumpers, have sharp edges, with a "tad" of ricerism, and side vents.

rear bumpers both have side vents. saleen has three rectangle cutouts on the back. stalker has shapes manipulated into the plastic above the world stalker.

sidescoops - both are multiple piece, and very gawdy and oversized.

sideskirts - both have holes in the sides of them.

wings - stalker wing is subtle, curved at the top, sits a tad higher than normal for a regular mustang spoiler, but otherwise not out of the ordinary. the saleen wing - sits much farther off the decklid than any other mustang spoilers, is very oversized, has 2 limbs sticking out from the front which lie on the decklid.

they both look "similar"...but because of it's name the "Saleen" gets more appreciation.

sorry but stalker = rice
saleen cosmetics = rice.

the only thing I can appreciate about a saleen is the power of it's motor, they are most delightful, but the cosmetics look like ass.

JMO but they look like rice, they are gawdy, they are way too big, and they are just plain downright fugly.

i dont think my s351 looks like rice :shrug:

stang11.jpg

I really don't see how you can say they are "near identical"

The side skirts might qualify for that, but thats it.

The front end, nothing at all. Saleen's is very vented and the lines are very disimilar from the stalker kit

From a side view, the stalker has scoop shapes in similiar locations that the Saleen has its vents/scoops but they are not similar at all in the front, and still different in the rear

as for the rear view, the biggest similarity is the "wraparounds" around the exhaust tips. The rectangles and vents are too different to be compared. The Text in the bumper? what mustang DOESN'T have that? And the spoilers... there is nothing there thats even close to similar

Overall you could say there are a few shared elements that carry similar themes, but the cars and parts (save for the aforementioned skirts) are nowhere NEAR identical

I don't give the Saleen more merit because of the name, but because it is better executed and looks alot nicer than the Stalker kit. That being said I would NEVER install a Saleen body kit on a New edge.

call me crazy but i don't think the stalker kit looks half bad if done tastefully

The reason people call the stalker kit rice is because every person who has it, also has a double stack wing, 20" spinners and GTR badges on their trunklid...

The saleen kit looks good because it is clean, you dont see many people take a saleen and rice it out....

im not really a fan of the saleen wing however...

i dont think my s351 looks like rice :shrug:

stang11.jpg

looks good except for the spoiler.

I really don't see how you can say they are "near identical"

The side skirts might qualify for that, but thats it.

The front end, nothing at all. Saleen's is very vented and the lines are very disimilar from the stalker kit

From a side view, the stalker has scoop shapes in similiar locations that the Saleen has its vents/scoops but they are not similar at all in the front, and still different in the rear

as for the rear view, the biggest similarity is the "wraparounds" around the exhaust tips. The rectangles and vents are too different to be compared. The Text in the bumper? what mustang DOESN'T have that? And the spoilers... there is nothing there thats even close to similar

Overall you could say there are a few shared elements that carry similar themes, but the cars and parts (save for the aforementioned skirts) are nowhere NEAR identical

I don't give the Saleen more merit because of the name, but because it is better executed and looks alot nicer than the Stalker kit. That being said I would NEVER install a Saleen body kit on a New edge.

i never said "near identical" anywhere in any of my posts in this thread. i said "similar". big difference.

they both have front and rear vents on both sides of the bumpers, sideskirts are "similar", sidescoops are a little different, but still have the oversized gawdy look.

i never said the Saleen didn't look better than the stalker, i merely said I thought they bought looked like rice. that's my opinion. they two kits, are similar whether you want to admit it or not.

they are definitely not representative of the lines of any factory mustang ford itself has put out on the market.

i would never buy a saleen, nor would i stick a stalker kit on any mustang.

only part of the stalker kit I like is the hood. but I've always like ram air hoods if they are tastefully done.

They don't look exactly alike but both have the same feel. I definately don't like either. I don't like any cladding like that. Heck, I don't even like the stock GT cladding on the fox body cars.