Odd Seat Question

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
I have the leather seats in my '03 GT. For the last few years - I can't recall exactly - the back center of my driver's seat has a large bulge protruding from it. It looks like the back of the seat is pregnant. LOL. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Has the seat foam bunched up or something? There doesn't seem to be a lack of support on the front of the seat.

I have also noticed that the inflatable lumbar support no longer seems to work. The motor still works when I press the button, and it sounds like it deflates as well, but nothing actually happens. I don't know if it's related because the lumbar is lower than where the bulge is.

The passenger seat is fine.

• Sponsors (?)

Fold the seat forward, unzlip the bottom, and stick your hand up there and see what it is. Sometimes the foam, or the plastic surround bunches up a bit when the covers are installed.

As for the lumbar, you'll have to pull the seat and check it. The switch activates a pump, that literally fills a bladder, so you'll have to see if a line slipped somewhere, or the bladder is punctured.