Oil fill spout

• Sponsors (?)

94_5.0 said:
I recently did a head swap and now my intake tube is hitting the oil fill spout. Can I switch the valve cover on to the drivers side and use it there, or will that cause a problem?

I bet you will run into clearance problems, because you will need to flip the VC 180* around, which might hit the upper intake, or brake booster. Not really sure, but you can give it a try.

The intake tube you have is the stock one, right? If so, it can have a kink in it, don't worry too much about it. You could always make a custom CAI and solve that problem too.
Scott

The valve covers are not interchangeable. The oil fill tube will not clear the plenum of the upper intake on the passenger side. If you are very careful you can insert a prybar or large screwdriver into the oil fill tube and GENTLY-I can't stress that enough-bend the tube for more clearance. You will only be able to 'bend' it about 1/4" tops before it cracks. I had to do this when I used my fox valve covers. Your SN95 should bend easier as it's steel vs. aluminum.

yes i am running 90-93 fox VCs and i can take a pic of it. I have the C&L trueflow pipe, however it will not fit on there so I had to put the stock rubber one on for now and it is bent around the oil fill spot...are there any aftermarket VCs that can solve this problem, and what do i do about the PVC line that goes from the oil fill spout to the intake track?

I installed the BBk valve covers and the MAC CAI and had clearance issue. I installed a 3/8" intake spacer. Now it sits just above the oil fill tube. But now my strut tower brace won't fit. I will have to get the 351 strut tower brace. Gain 2 lose 1 (more f@#$#@$ money). I have to remove the CAI from the TB to change my oil which is no problem. So maybe try and intake spacer. Show some pictures. Just one man's opinion. Peace.

HoofnIt said:
If you are very careful you can insert a prybar or large screwdriver into the oil fill tube and GENTLY-I can't stress that enough-bend the tube for more clearance. You will only be able to 'bend' it about 1/4" tops before it cracks. I had to do this when I used my fox valve covers.

He speak-eth the truf, I broke one of my fox VC's when it would just not bend, cracked the whole top part of the tube area. Now I have to fine 1 pass. side VC. the stockers look so dirty compared to the nice painted fox ones.

You can cut the neck in half and either use a ricer radiator hose that has several bends to splice it back.

OR

Just take it somewhere to have it welded back like you need it.

On my combo, I needed it to bend just a little toward the front of the motor.

I've put up pics several times so you should be able to see em if you search using my name.

Later
Grady

pics

here are some pics of the engine bay and oil fill spout

Attachments

• DSC01359.JPG
    DSC01359.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01358.JPG
    DSC01358.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 82
I am curious as to why you are having fitment problems to begin with. I dont know how different the throttle location is with trickflow vs edelbrock but on my performer 5.0 intake I was well within room. Also, the rpm that I am using now moved forward some but still gave me plenty of room.

Well I was looking at getting the FMS Tall VC with the pre drilled breather holes but i was wondering about the PCV tube that goes from the VC to the intake tract (it is circled in red on the pic. Can I use a regualr breather with that and cap the tube, or is that a bad idea. I have also seen Breather caps that have a nipple on them can I use that instead. Please does anyone have any experance to share with these VCs. ANyone know what size (or part numbers) breathers I need to use with these VC?

Attachments

• fms VC.jpg
    fms VC.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 61
  • PVC line.bmp
    60.1 KB · Views: 67
94_5.0 said:
Well I was looking at getting the FMS Tall VC with the pre drilled breather holes but i was wondering about the PCV tube that goes from the VC to the intake tract (it is circled in red on the pic. Can I use a regualr breather with that and cap the tube, or is that a bad idea. I have also seen Breather caps that have a nipple on them can I use that instead. Please does anyone have any experance to share with these VCs. ANyone know what size (or part numbers) breathers I need to use with these VC?
Use this and you'll be square:

M6766D302.jpg

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=482

Could you put a little heat to the tube while bending it? It doesnt seem like you need to bend it to much. I just installed fox vc on my set up to clear the 1.72 rockers. I had to grind the inside of the covers and grind my oil cap tabs off. I also had to grind the bottom of my egr and intake and install a 90 degree elbow for the vacum hose on the driver lower side of my Cobra intake. It was a lot off modification but didn't have to get a spacer and didn't have to modify my surpercharger tubing and didnt have to spager my egr tube. Check out my thread under painted valvecovers and intake.

Danny's 94Cobra said:
Could you put a little heat to the tube while bending it? It doesnt seem like you need to bend it to much. I just installed fox vc on my set up to clear the 1.72 rockers. I had to grind the inside of the covers and grind my oil cap tabs off. I also had to grind the bottom of my egr and intake and install a 90 degree elbow for the vacum hose on the driver lower side of my Cobra intake. It was a lot off modification but didn't have to get a spacer and didn't have to modify my surpercharger tubing and didnt have to spager my egr tube. Check out my thread under painted valvecovers and intake.

Aluminum isn't maleable like the iron based bretheren. I don't think it will work well.

But It's worth a shot. You can always weld it if it cracks.
Scott

I'm using Fox covers and just put a crow bar in the spout and just pushed it over gently. I had to move it over to clear the discharge tube and t-bolts. Just be careful and try and bent it in small imcrements. Only bend as much as you need and not try and go gung ho and bend too much at once.