omg! Engine was rebuilt...someone help me now!!!

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
wow i just took my heads off today..and holy ****..my 165,000 motor was freakin rebuilt i think..the piston walls look like they were honed..and no wonder my compression was a perfect 155 for all cylinders...jesus..now who knows what was done to this thing..is there any tips or ways that i can KNOW what things are stock..and what arnt..like my heads..how can i tell if they were ported or redone?? springs, etc...they had FELPRO gaskets on em..obviously they were off the block before...man oh man...i have no clue how to tell if they were done or not..and also..things like ROckers, pushrods, and lifters..how do i tell if THEY are stock??!!!!! i wanted to get 1.7 rockers for my new thumper heads..but how do i know they are not already on these heads here?!!! someone help me...im lost lol

• Sponsors (?)

latham83 said:
the piston walls look like they were honed..

Even from the factory they would look honed. When i took my 50,000 mile '85 GT's motor apart the walls had crosshatch up and down the cylinders. I know for a fact noone other than ford had been in the engine.

Look for ford part numbers on various parts and see if you can mic the cylinder wall width