One Bell Housing Bolt holding me up

I am trying to pull the motor out of my 08 GT with the 5spd. I have 6 of the 7 bolts loose. There's one on the passenger side; 2nd from the top that refuses to come completely out. It actually broke loose from the initial torque and has backed out maybe a 1/4 of an inch, but is now some how seized up to where it will not turn anymore. The head is partially stripped by now. I tried using the 6 point socket and even a bolt extractor socket. The extractor socket holds, but it will not budge. I put the other 6 bolts back in attempting to relieve the pressure, but I guess they need to be completely torqued. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking I'll have to pull the transmission with the motor(which I was trying to avoid). Not sure if I have enough space to grind the bolt head off.

Suggestions anyone??

• Sponsors (?)

If there's any chance you could shift the whole mess forward enough to get an angle grinder (with cutoff wheel) or saw in there to cut the bolt head off, that's probably your best option. Otherwise, if it's siezed up you don't have too many other options, that's a tough area to get at.

Reactions: 1 user
If there's any chance you could shift the whole mess forward enough to get an angle grinder (with cutoff wheel) or saw in there to cut the bolt head off, that's probably your best option. Otherwise, if it's siezed up you don't have too many other options, that's a tough area to get at.
Yeah, I ended up pulling the tyranny w/ the motor. Had to cut it w/ a grinder. Replacement engine is in the car now.