opinion on wheels

fastmustangII said:
Yeah, but I am just in love with these centerlines. And they will probably be on the car for a very long time. So I want to get what I really want. I don't like settling..lol

Yep me too ! ! At the time when I first saw them they were to rich for my skinny little wallet although I still don't know what they cost just not in the market right now

Wheels will make or break a car and the convo pro is the way to go. (poetry in motion)

• Sponsors (?)

kcobra302 said:
those are called convo pros. they were originally a race only wheel then were released as a street wheel. make sure you specify which version you need.

rear 15x7 3 3/8 backspacing with 235-55-15
front 15x4 1 3/4 backspacing with 185-60-15

there is a picture of my king on the first page of the members ride post

Sweet

jeffnoel said:
The Centerlines you want have the correct backspacing, so there shouldn't be a problem with that tire combo. Should give it a nice Pro Street look.

The 15x6, and 15x7.5's? The last guy posted a 15x4...lol sorry I keep getting confused of what I should get here.

fastmustangII said:
Hmm...I guess I'll just have to wait til I get the wheels and then make them fit. I gotta boyf thats real good at making stuff work on cars. lol

That's the exact wrong way to go about this.

Find the specification of rims that fit and then find one with the look you like.

Don't use spacers. People will say they have them and haven't had a problem, I say they just havent had a problem yet.

When it's a question of safety or styling, safety wins with me every time.

Wart said:
That's the exact wrong way to go about this.

Find the specification of rims that fit and then find one with the look you like.

Don't use spacers. People will say they have them and haven't had a problem, I say they just havent had a problem yet.

When it's a question of safety or styling, safety wins with me every time.

Sounds like a true II owner to me ... JK

get the proper backspacing then you won't need spacers

get a wheel between 6-8" if your going wide there are a range of tires that fit on each size rim compare your tire width to the rim width stay about and inch or so under the rim width

divide your tire size by 25.4 to convert to inches ex..215 / 25.4 8.46"

ps tires also have measured rim width

do a search on google for rim width selection

i have 2 significantly different width wheels on my car for a purpose. my car is not setup to be a road hugging, road course style car. it is more towards straight line performance.

if you are driving your car as a daily driver, in my opnion, lean towards wheels that are similar in size. personally i would also avoid spacers but many people have used them with success.

your best bet would be to call centerline. explain to them the purpose of the car, the syle of wheel you like, and let them help you with your decision.

kcobra302 said:
i have 2 significantly different width wheels on my car for a purpose. my car is not setup to be a road hugging, road course style car. it is more towards straight line performance.

if you are driving your car as a daily driver, in my opnion, lean towards wheels that are similar in size. personally i would also avoid spacers but many people have used them with success.

your best bet would be to call centerline. explain to them the purpose of the car, the syle of wheel you like, and let them help you with your decision.

Ok, sounds like a plan! lol