OPTIMA owners!

• Sponsors (?)

can somebody measure a optima battery that they are running in there car? Regardless if they have one that is "designed" for the mustang. They have one that works. I just need some measurements. Thanks

can somebody measure a optima battery that they are running in there car? Regardless if they have one that is "designed" for the mustang. They have one that works. I just need some measurements. Thanks

Group 34 & 34/78
10" x 6.875" x 7.813"

Fits in the stock Fox battery tray with no modifications or clearance issues. Need the Group 34/78 Hold-down adapter wedge that snaps into the base.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publ...0001.ColumnPar.0007.File.tmp/34_78_082304.pdf

Wow! I've had the red top for about a year now and I LOVE it. Matter of fact, I've NEVER heard of anyone NOT happy with an Optima battery. My buddy's had the same red top in his Chevelle Malibu for about 4-5 years now, no problems. He says he's blasted his radio for hours and the car would STILL start.

Huh. Maybe you guys got some lemons or something. :shrug:

I blasted the radio all the time in my 1996 Cobra while washing...vacuuming, waiting in line at the drag strip with the car off...etc.....all on the ORIGINAL Motorcraft battery. I got 10 years out of it. I replaced it in the Spring of 2006. Guess what battery I put back in it...a Motorcraft bought from the dealership!!

Wasn't there a guy on here that bought a MINT fox body and it burnt up and the fire technician said it started at the Optima battery?????? Remember that thread??

I blasted the radio all the time in my 1996 Cobra while washing...vacuuming, waiting in line at the drag strip with the car off...etc.....all on the ORIGINAL Motorcraft battery. I got 10 years out of it. I replaced it in the Spring of 2006. Guess what battery I put back in it...a Motorcraft bought from the dealership!!

Wasn't there a guy on here that bought a MINT fox body and it burnt up and the fire technician said it started at the Optima battery?????? Remember that thread??

There is no doubt the stock Motorcraft battery's are top notch. They don't however even have the reserve capacity of the red top…let alone yellow. Try putting in a high amp sound system or run a electric fan for a while and see how it fares.

As far as engine fires go, I've heard of stock OEM and aftermarket batteries suddenly exploding for no reason whatsoever…what's your point? So one person on stangnet has an engine fire which suggest an optima is at fault, and suddenly they are all unsafe?

If you saw the car you would understand the loss. The guy took the car out for the first ride, pulled in in the garage and then it was gone. That was enough for me not to waste my money on a 150-190 dollar battery.