Original tri-bars 17" wheels will clear cobra/bullit 13" brakes?

homerojr

Dec 2, 2002
I´ll upgrade to 13" front and 12" rear brakes, and have to know if my stock 17" wheels will clear them. If someone has any info, please just let me know asap. (I can´t afford new wheels...)

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 04 Anniversary Cobra full brake kit front and rear with my stock tri-bars and the fit is perfect.

I kept the stock master cylinder, but upgraded to stainless steel lines. The pedal feel is firmer than stock, but absolutely perfect. The car literally stops on a dime now.

I've needed the brakes a couple times on the street in an emergency situation and let me tell you, my concern now is not what is in front of me, it's the person behind me who can't stop as quickly. With a good suspension, you can brake hard and steer the car where you need without loosing control or just sliding. I would now reccomend this be the first upgrade anyone does to a GT.

Car Nut said:
I've needed the brakes a couple times on the street in an emergency situation and let me tell you, my concern now is not what is in front of me, it's the person behind me who can't stop as quickly. With a good suspension, you can brake hard and steer the car where you need without loosing control or just sliding. I would now reccomend this be the first upgrade anyone does to a GT.
:stupid:

Even though it is more fun to spend money on parts that make a car go faster, the suspension and brakes should be the first things upgraded when planning for a high performance drivetrain. That way, you never have more power than your car can deal with safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nut

Even though it is more fun to spend money on parts that make a car go faster, the suspension and brakes should be the first things upgraded when planning for a high performance drivetrain. That way, you never have more power than your car can deal with safely.
Today 04:54 PM
Scott_95GT

I agree with you completely. My next mod will be the bullit suspension. I´m just waiting my car to be running again after AFR 165 innstall. Thanks .