OT: New toy

Grn92LX said:
Those are chrome R's and need to GO!! Put the regular stock 03 rims back on, those are hot rims. Nice car hairy, must be nice to have money :p I considered selling mine and buying one but the thought of insane payments turned me off and my car insurance quote was $6600 for it :rlaugh:
$6600 :eek: That's incredible!

I'm going to swap wheels with my 95 -- I have stock 03 Cobra rims on the 95 right now. I think the 95 Cobra R replicas will look better on the 95 body style, and the 03 Cobra rims will look better on the Cobra. Go figure :).

I bought it because I wanted to go faster, but the money was scaring me a little -- to do what I want with the 95, I need real money -- $1300 for new seats, $2000 for new tranny, and $4000+ for the power adder :). The way I've been spending money on the 95 ($1000/month for toys), I figured paying $450/month for a Cobra might actually be more economical. It's already got good seats, good tranny, and a power adder. :shrug:

I don't want to sell the 95, but I don't really need two Mustangs ... I'm going to try to find a nice home locally for it, maybe I can find an enthusiast who wants to take it to the next level themselves. Then I can go to the track and get whooped on by my old car :rlaugh:.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great dave!! Im glad to see im not the only one making the switch. The 95 wont last long now.. Once you start comparing the 2 cars in all areas, the 03 comes out way ahead.

And you are right about the 03 being the more economical way to good power. The only thing that does scare me about the 03/04's is the irs and all the broken half shafts out there. Thankfully my car already had the level 2 half shafts(he gave me the reciept, 1,150!!). Im sure u read plenty on the SVTperformance forums, but if you encounter any wheel hop at all let off the gas right away, or u will break the half shafts.

Good luck with it dave, im sure ill see ya over on svtperformance.com :nice:

yellow1995Cobra said:
Looks great dave!! Im glad to see im not the only one making the switch. The 95 wont last long now.. Once you start comparing the 2 cars in all areas, the 03 comes out way ahead.
That is unfortunately true. The 5.0L makes great muffler music, though :D. But the Cobra does make little popping sounds on deceleration (yes, REDNECK I know) which I actually like. I was quite naughty this afternoon, someone was tailgating me on a lonely stretch of highway, and since traffic was opening up and I had a good distance available in front of me, I dropped it into 3rd and let 'er rip. Holy crap is all I can say, the top end pull is fantastic, much stronger than the 95. And I've only got the K&N and cat-back for mods :). I'm already addicted to the scream of the Eaton. Now all I need is a pulley and just for some bling how about a new heat exchanger :banana:.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
That is unfortunately true. The 5.0L makes great muffler music, though :D. But the Cobra does make little popping sounds on deceleration (yes, REDNECK I know) which I actually like. I was quite naughty this afternoon, someone was tailgating me on a lonely stretch of highway, and since traffic was opening up and I had a good distance available in front of me, I dropped it into 3rd and let 'er rip. Holy crap is all I can say, the top end pull is fantastic, much stronger than the 95. And I've only got the K&N and cat-back for mods :). I'm already addicted to the scream of the Eaton. Now all I need is a pulley and just for some bling how about a new heat exchanger :banana:.

Dave

Awesome dave.. Im picking up my plates tomorrow(PWR TRP, which fits nicely), so i finally get to take it for a nice beater run.

I need to get a heat exchanger as well, only mod i can see myself doing this year.. Im thinking about the lightning force performance one.. Have you seen it yet? Its a bit bigger then their old model.. Supposed to be the best on the market right now.

yellow1995Cobra said:
Im thinking about the lightning force performance one.. Have you seen it yet? Its a bit bigger then their old model.. Supposed to be the best on the market right now.
I haven't done any research yet, still getting used to this whole idea :). A local guy just picked up a Fluidyne for his Cobra and I got to see it yesterday -- it does look cool, I'll say that. I've heard of AFCO as well :shrug:. I need to go visit SVTPerformance.com and do some more reading in the Terminator forum.

Dave

duner said:
Gotta swap the wheels. Next time we hit the twisties you'll have a better chance at keeping up. :D
I see ... is that a challenge? :D I was actually impressed that the GT did as well as it did today -- it never got unsettled in any of the corners, the only problem was after that long steep downhill set of twisties (after the intersection we stopped at), I noticed a bit of brake fade, so I eased off a little to keep them cool. The speeds we were going, I was having to pull out of most of the corners in 3rd gear at the bottom of my power band, so I got to play catch up to the evil Cobra... :)

Dave

Congrats Dave...I know you've been thinking about one for awhile.

I do remember a thread over a year ago or so where you said you test drove one and was very disappointed in it. I guess you can't argue with actual numbers though...even if it is 3,700lb.+.

Sadly enough...I'm at the same point with my car now that you and Jesse seemed to be. I've had nothing but problems here and there with it since I've begun the bigger mods and if I want to go really fast...I'm going to have to step up the money for the power adder and mucho more mods. Not sure if I'm ready for that step.

To be fair, the last Cobra I drove was a test drive whore, it was a 90* day, and it was bone stock. The one I just bought already has a K&N and catback, which probably gives it 25-30 horsepower over the stock one -- and it's been about 70* outside, not hot at all.

I still think it's more subtle than the 95 is -- the 95 will roast the tires from a 2nd gear roll on, the Cobra will not. Different power delivery, and the Cobra has a softer suspension -- it just squats and launches. I have to say, I really like the seats too :). Although I'm half tempted to sell them and put the money towards a pair of Recaro Speeds :).

94DreamGT said:
Sadly enough...I'm at the same point with my car now that you and Jesse seemed to be. I've had nothing but problems here and there with it since I've begun the bigger mods and if I want to go really fast...I'm going to have to step up the money for the power adder and mucho more mods. Not sure if I'm ready for that step.
That is the big question, for sure. Before I got into modding the 95, I had never done anything even remotely on that scale to a Mustang, and I was a little surprised at how expensive it gets. I just won't talk about how much money I've put into the 95 (and I don't actually know, I haven't totalled up all the receipts). It's all about what you want. I was beginning to find that by modding the hell out of my 95, it was becoming less and less pleasant as a daily driver. I figure I can get all the power I'm looking for from the Cobra while still maintaining a pretty comfortable daily driver.

Dave

94DreamGT said:

Thats where nitrous comes into play man. I wouldn't hesitate to throw a 100 shot on it. My last nitrous kit I had I got for $200 from a friend and it was mint. It was an NOS 5115 dry. Even with an 18:1 a/f :eek: it still made 430 tq to the wheels. With more fuel my guess it would have made at least 475rwtq. I like nitrous because you can still see how fast you can go on motor and then open the valve, flip the switch and go over a second faster :D You can spend a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand and get the same performance.

94whitesnake said:
Hey Dave, Didn't you order an 05' mustang?? If you still have the order placed, that'll be one cool looking garage.
I cancelled that order a long time ago -- I wouldn't have been happy with 300 bhp and no way to get more short of a power adder. So I decided to get the Cobra, and see what SVT releases in 2007 :banana:.

Dave

I'm guessing that you are already aware of the potential, but I saw a 03 cobra put 490 HP down to the ground with only an intake, exhaust, and chip (maybe pulley too).

Does the TwEECer work with the 03 cobra? If so, are you going to use yours on it? Are you going to have a chip burnt for the 95 to sell? There was a guy on here the other day saying that he'd burn a chip from a .ccf file.

Rick

rockin_rick said:
I'm guessing that you are already aware of the potential, but I saw a 03 cobra put 490 HP down to the ground with only an intake, exhaust, and chip (maybe pulley too).
Almost certainly required a pulley to get that. But it only takes 10 minutes to install a new pulley, I just saw it done yesterday... :)

Does the TwEECer work with the 03 cobra? If so, are you going to use yours on it? Are you going to have a chip burnt for the 95 to sell? There was a guy on here the other day saying that he'd burn a chip from a .ccf file.
I think it works on a limited basis, but I'm not positive. My plan is to just pick up a Predator instead. I'll do that first, and put on the performance tune. And then I think a 2.93 Billetflow pulley.

I'm going to try to get $10k for the GT as it sits, and if that fails I will return it to stock and sell it, then sell all the aftermarket toys. Ideally I will find someone who wants it the way it is, that would be easiest.

Dave