Outside Door Handle Broken How Do I Get In

Bill88Stang

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2000
Palm Coast FL
R/F door does not open from the outside only the inside, seems to have a door lock actuator thats all binded up. drivers door had a broken outside door handle, but if you pullon it just right at the right corner it would open until i went to get in it last night and it all popped off, i can see in the door and the spring part from the right side of the handle right closest to the lock cylinder where it would pivet up and down is in there i can see the rods for the lock and latch. question is now how can i open the door so i can replace door handle. its a coupe and i have no door keys previous owner lost so i need to replace locks. but i need to get in so i can replace this door handle:(

• Sponsors (?)

First things first.. Shame on you for not fixing the other door while you knew that it was a problem. Second how do you not have any door keys??? Do you just leave your car unlocked everywhere you go?

The door handle pushes on a rod that is connected to the lock mechanism in the middle of the door. Pushing down on this rod should open the door for you. Looks like it's time to contact LMR to get a new lock cylinder set and new outer door handles.

i just picked it up two weeks. ago its a project that the previous owner didnt finish. it stays at my house im on 2 and a alf acres thats all fenced in and locked when i go and come. ive been in and out of that car a total of like 3 times so far, been under teh hood trying to straighten out what has been messed up. have a spare handle just havent had time to do it i have no garage and when i get home form work its dark. yea i know i need to order some new lock cylinders for it especialyl since i cant get into the truck either

It sounds like you will either need a large screwdriver and hammer to break the trunk lock cylinder or a locksmith to get it open. That's pretty unfortunate that they didn't have the keys. Once you get the door panels off, the fix is very straight forward

a locksmith can have that open in scary quick time. gonna cost $$$ though. I remember one time I lost my ignition key. he had a new one cut and the car started in less than 10 minutes.

Before you go breaking :poo:. Go get yourself a metal coat hanger . Make a loop on the end . Pull the door frame back enough to get it past the weather stripping. Get the loop around the door handle. 3 quick fast pulls should make the lock come up and the door open. Yes i have locked my keys in a few times back when the car was a DD

Reactions: 1 user
Before you go breaking ****. Go get yourself a metal coat hanger . Make a loop on the end . Pull the door frame back enough to get it past the weather stripping. Get the loop around the door handle. 3 quick fast pulls should make the lock come up and the door open. Yes i have locked my keys in a few times back when the car was a DD

Ummm... werd. :oops:

Now THATS an idea!

epic-fail-candy-man-fail1[1].jpg