Paint Question

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting my car repainted. It currently has a poorly done pearl white metallic paint. I'm planning to make it white with two red stripes. Anyone know approximatly how much it will cost? Preferably somewhere in Los Angeles, more specifically Burbank. I would like it professionally done.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I can tell that there is rust under it, its starting to show through, orange spots in the bends and stuff.
Also, right know there are types of decals on the sides, under the mustang sign,
View attachment 412469

What is the procedure to take them off? I would like to put red ones on similar to these
GT350SR17.jpg

Also does anyone know where to get stripes that go down the middle like the one above?

Attachments

• GT350SR17.jpg
    GT350SR17.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 50
Decal strips can be taken off in a few ways. There is a 'eraser' that you put on a drill that takes them off. You can use a heat gun or a hairdryer to get them off most practically. But if you're taking the paint down to bare metal, a sander will take them off as well.

I think Branda has the stripe dimensions on their website, the stripes aren't consistantly the same width over the whole car, they get wider as they get towards the roof, but the width between stays the same. It's an optical illusion that they are the same width, if you did do them the same width, they'd look like they got skinnier at the roof and windshield base. The factory painted on the stripes, whereas the rocker stripes were an adhesive tape. I've seen the double stripes in vinyl and I've seen the rockers in paint. If I were spending $4k-$5k, I'd want them in paint.

Ic, I'm getting the car back from the shop tommorow, (new carb, the old one kept getting the choke stuck), On Saturday I'll take it to a local hot rod shop and see if i can get a quote.
If however, along with the new speaker system and small detailing needed I am unable to fit the paint in the budget I would be required to get the decals. We'll see how it goes, Thanks for all your input.