Pair of Fours

04_snake

Mar 30, 2005
Upstate NY
bested my times again, Sunday I ran two 11.4's, the second one I had a dial no where near that (11.61) and ran 11.46 while standing HARD on the brakes at the line because it was obvious, although too late to do anything about it, I was TOO darn fast?!

I did make a hillbilly mod and stuffed in two air bags to help stiffen the stock IRS and it seemed to work so far.

these are 28+Mg movies, sometimes it works better to right click and "Save As", and after it downloads, run it from your PC.

Sunday 8/7 LVD 11.412 qual pass

Sun 8/7 Buy In Consi Round One 11.46 Breakout

EDIT:
Here is my third pass deep into the fours!

11.43 TnTune pass 84*F/35%RH

comments make me feel like it is worth posting here, that's cool if there is no interest, other forums gobble them up.

• Sponsors (?)

sonic03snake said:
Nice runs Stu!! Glad to see your beating down the door every time you go to the track. :nice:

Lou, did you join over here? :flag: Welcome!!

the going faster is interferring with my bracket racing but it's a problem I'm not so bummed out about, Yet. But I hope I get more consistent eventually.

The guys over here can use a friend in the business! The bags I got from you are a down and dirty fix for the mushy IRS and went in so easy, not sure why I didn't slap them in 3 weeks ago?? I had no idea where to start so I had 20 in the right, 15 in the left and I will experiment from there but initial results are promising, it really hooked good Sunday! Last thing I need to do this summer is get the linelock in, maybe next week, I just want to race and don't even want to take time to work on my hoss. No need to explain that to you. LOL!:cheers:

I've been here a good while, just don't post much. Glad to see you are improving.
04_snake said:
Lou, did you join over here? :flag: Welcome!!

the going faster is interferring with my bracket racing but it's a problem I'm not so bummed out about, Yet. But I hope I get more consistent eventually.

The guys over here can use a friend in the business! The bags I got from you are a down and dirty fix for the mushy IRS and went in so easy, not sure why I didn't slap them in 3 weeks ago?? I had no idea where to start so I had 20 in the right, 15 in the left and I will experiment from there but initial results are promising, it really hooked good Sunday! Last thing I need to do this summer is get the linelock in, maybe next week, I just want to race and don't even want to take time to work on my hoss. No need to explain that to you. LOL!:cheers:

04_snake said:
UM, no comments? it's simple, all you need to do is slap a pulley on your rig and you are with me, right?
The.... urge...to...pulley...my....car...grows...stronger....by...the...day.... :D

Actually I'm going to do a Steig stage III port on the TB/Inlet/SC first. I'm hoping the port work plus a SC spacer will get me close to 450RWHP on the stock pulley. I want to see how far I can push that 8psi...

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
The.... urge...to...pulley...my....car...grows...stronger....by...the...day.... :D

Actually I'm going to do a Steig stage III port on the TB/Inlet/SC first. I'm hoping the port work plus a SC spacer will get me close to 450RWHP on the stock pulley. I want to see how far I can push that 8psi...

U.M.

the plan is coming together, cool! you sound like it will be a busy winter for you! :flag:

You know truth be told, I had quite a few hassles last winter doing all the mods I did on a car with less than 500mi and there was more than a couple of people wondering WTF was I doing (incl me on occasion), but it really keeps you close to what you like to do, or at least me and the feeling when you get everything done is hard to describe. Kinda like how you feel, AFTER you have dragged that 250lb buck all the way back to your truck, seemed impossible when you started but you wonder what all the crying and swearing was about and you can't wait until you have the chance to do it all over again the following year!?
:rolleyes:

Well its trips on the fours!

It's trips on the fours, got a 11.43 during a TnTune Weds nite back at LVD. The run is actually not that great, only 116 top end with a very cool car that came out the hole hard. I have the wheel crooked to the left at the start and powershifted into 2nd and 4th, but my shiftpoints were wrong. :bang:

It ain't easy to be cheesy! ;) 11.43 TnTune pass W/ 84*F & 35%RH