parents buying their kids cars.

pistonhead351

flim hunter
May 1, 2005
it kinda pisses me off. especially when i work so hard to pay for my car and every part that goes on it. i just wonder what this is gonna teach their kids about life and getting a successful job. :shrug: just a little rant cause it pisses me off.

• Sponsors (?)

it teaches them nothing ..my parents made me pay for everything i have. I worked two jobs during high school to pay for flying lessons and my parents never gave a dime, i paided for my car, and i pay for most of all the clothes that were on my back, its not that my parents couldnt afford it they just wanted me to learn the value of a dollar and a good work ethic. It bothers me so much to see other kids who get all there **** handed to them. My girlfriend is one of those people has never worked a day in her life...and she has no concept of the value of money. :nonono:

depends on how the kid is, my parents bought my first car. i was a straight a student and all the good stuff. they bought everything i needed. See i said "needed" not wanted. clothes and stuff like that. i got a job when i turned 16, and little by little i had to buy all my own stuff. and i know the value of the dollar. just depends how you were raised.

yeah i agree with the part about them deserving it and stuff. but my neighbors dad bought him 3 frikin mustangs. thats just not right. the only part wrong with it is when he brags about them. i mean my parent help me out alittle with the **** i need kinda like guero there, but something i want they wont pay for. i guess im kind of a hypocrit since my parents do help me out with some stuff.

i have to admit my moms has paid for my car but only half of it. she now has me making the payments. i pay for insurance, gas, parts and if i dont have the money for something i really need then she will get it for me. I know what work is. i work at our family sawmill. not the ones where u just watch the machines do all the work and make sure it doesnt mess up. everything is done by had. but on the other hand i make 1300-1400 a week and only have about 400-500 in bills:D

Guero...I agree with you my parents did pay for my sports and stuff, I was taught the value of the dollar and I even see with some of my closets friends they have no clue. When I am a parent, which is a long way away, I def will be happy to get my kids stuff if i can afford it and he earns it.

I also dont see anything wrong with going half and half with like the purchase of a car with ur kid.

i pay for eveything right now. but once in a while my parents will say that they will pay for the insurance that month, 200 bucks not alot but definitly helps out, i work with my dad so he know i work my ass off

I have no problem with parents buying their kids new cars. its when the kids themselves buy these brand new 35,000.00+ sticker price cars when they have no jobs and the parents drive beaters. in the last few days I have seen a kid that looked no older that 15 driving a brand new Z06 and atleast 3 others driving Saleen and Roush mustangs. last year I had a kid want to race me in his Mits. Evo. it pisses me off.

alright.. me for instance is a good situation.. at 15.. dad gave me an 80 dollar acure integra.. it was wrecked slightly and had 200k miles.. i fixed the dents, redid the entire car.. sold it for 1500.. bought me a 67 fastback which i was restoring.. to big of a project so i sold it.. bought a 86 GT.. didnt really like it.. got rid of it and bought my mustang... my best buddy of 10 years thinks they buy me cars left and right.. but in reality i worked my ass off on each car making the money to buy the next.. that is all in a span of 1 year.. yes i go through cars alot.. and you know what.. i bought my 92 for 1500 out the junkyard.. so they havent helped me one bit except for that 80 dollars.. to compare myself to.. all the kids at my school for the most part.. girl comes in CRYING because her parents didnt buy her that new 75k beemer she wanted.. i was like hell i drive a 1500 dollar mustang.. dont bitch to me about it.. so to close it off.. i really did work my ass off.. had that integra completely stripped to the firewall.. just dont judge a kid immediately.. every kid i meet thinks that my familys rich as hell because we have nice cars.. thats because we made them into nice cars.. just basically dont make stereotypes.. you yourself probably dont like being stereotyped.. so dont do it to someone else

25thmustang said:
Dont mind it at all, as long as they have a level head on their shoulders, dont take stuff for granted, and learn over the years to work hard for what you want...

I also bought all I have!

Sounds good to me, I agree...

After i got a job at 16, most of my purchases have been paid for on my own until i was around 18-19 and then EVERYTHING was on my dime.

I have no problem with parents buying their kids cars unless the kid is a total ass....you know what i mean no need to explain that one.

Honestly, if i was a millionaire i would still have my kids work and learn the value of a dollar. What would happen if me and my millions disappear and they have to earn it on their own at 25? They won't know what to do. Better to teach your kids how to make money instead of just giving it to them.

PS: I am not a millionaire...yet :)

I'm 17, and my mom bought me my civic when I got my licence.

I also have had atleast 2 jobs at one given time for the past 4 years now. I earned every penny I've spent on my mustang including the $4800 for it.

I've never tried to cheat anyone out of anything, but my family has been supportive.

I didn't read any of the posts, so if I repeated something, sorry.

jrob.

I can remember when I was 12 saving up all summer so i could buy a 19 inch TV for my room, an I remember buying my Playstation 1, and every bike I've had since I was like 10. And Im damn proud of it! I hate spoiled brats who think their sh1t dont stink.

At 12 my dad bought me a brand new Honda XR100. it was 2400 back then, and while paying for all my hockey **** i knew how hard he works, it meant a lot. i use to ride it for 3 hours and then be in the basement with a toothbrush cleaning it. 2 years later i sold it for 1800, gave 600 to my rents and bought my second dirtbike (Rt180) for 1200. They paid thousands a year traveling and equipment for hockey. They gave me my first car (93infiniti J30T, unreal first car) and still to this day they pay for my insurance and about half my gas. Im still a broke ass college kid playing D1 hockey at the age of 23. But i worked my ass off for 3 months working 13+hours a day landscaping at 10 bucks an hour when i was 19 to buy my car. I have paid for every upgrade i have done to it. BUt it pisses me off when i drive around campus and kids have brand new M3's, range rovers, MB's...and have a 500$ a week allowance. **** i get 40 bucks a week and am grateful. these kids btich non stop about everything.