passenger side window not working

eatsricejcd

Mar 24, 2010
i can hear the motor working but I took the door panel off and dont know where to start. I can see the teeth railing where it suppose to meet up with the motor but dont know how to get it back on track :shrug:
its a gts and any help would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

my dumbass didnt do a search before making the thread and thanks for not being an ass about me not doing a search :)

I'm guessing this is what your talking about?

Photo Albums: Power Window Motor Gear Fix - Contents

on a side note, how do you take out the motor. I think I saw some rivets thats holding it in place...

never mind I just read this
4. Once the panel is off unhook the window motor connector and dislodge it from the door frame. Then unbolt the 3 bolts holding the motor in place with a 5/16 socket.

yea, just make sure you have the window rolled up because the metal arms are going to be in the way. once you get that off, you can use a screwdriver to pry open the case and insert the 3 rubber spacers in it and press those tabs over to close the case again. you can get those rubber spacers at advance in the help section. im sure other autopart stores would have it too.

my dumbass didnt do a search before making the thread and thanks for not being an ass about me not doing a search :)

I'm guessing this is what your talking about?

Photo Albums: Power Window Motor Gear Fix - Contents

This is a common enough problem that there are several threads talking about it. And I think you'll find most of the folks here willing to give you a chance to learn. Now, if you insisted I do the search for you, you would have been out of luck. :D We're here to share ideas and help folks learn. For that reason, I think this group is one of the nicest ones I've found on the web.

:SNSign: