Passenger window switch won't work window

GTRocks

Founding Member
Nov 18, 1998
Lusby, MD
I'm not sure what the deal is. From the driver's side switch, the window works fine. But the passenger side is dead. Power door locks work from both sides. I figured it was the switch, so I bought a used one at Carlisle yesterday. I swapped out the switch itself (not all the connectors), but no luck. Now I'm thinking that I must have a bad connection in the ground at the base of the switch. I don't have a wiring diagram, so I'm guessing at this point.

Is this a common problem? Anyone have any ideas on this one? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

had that problem with my 87 lx window wouldnt go up from the pass side. some times it would but wouldnt go up check to see if the wires for that switch have a good ground and power supply and go from there.

Don't have any help, but I have a similar problem... the passenger windows works from the passenger side, but not from the drivers side. I'll be watching this thread to see if any good suggestions come thru... I might just take it in to get fixed, it shouldn't be that expensive and it'd save me alot of time trying to locate a short.

I would take the switch off and clean up the connections really well. They are inside the door, which means good chance for moisture -- and the little rubber cover probably helps keep some, but maybe not all moisture out. I'd probably guess if you cleaned up all the contacts -- maybe sure some snadpaper or something to try and get some bright metal showing, then use some dielectrical grease on them it'll work again.